a couple of the 3 dollar ones

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Re: a couple of the 3 dollar ones

Post by PimpFloyd »

For the RX to tune to a certain frequency, one needs to create a resonate "tank circuit". This usually involves both an inductor (tuning coil) and a capcitor. There maybe be other components involved as well so it's probably not worth it. BTW, the same holds true on the TX end, it would take a tank circuit change on the output of the TX along with the crystal to jump from 27 meg to 49 meg - if you wanted a good strong signal and dependable control.

I have Shen bit clones that operate on the Euro frequencies - 35, 40 and 57 I think. I was surprised they made here but because of the power output, I think they fall under the radar, so to speak.

BTW - My Menards still has about 20 or so of the cars left (no more trucks) and they went on sale today for 50% off, normally 7.99 here.
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

that's so complicate. :? I give up.
Rheinholdt

Post by Rheinholdt »

So, PimpFloyd,

I've seen none of the cars here in my area. How many different body styles are available in your Menard's? And would you be interested in procuring some for a fellow pimp? The picture earlier in this thread seems to show two different ones. Hopefully they would be two different frequencies? Anyway, what do you think?

Respectfully, Rhein.
nosce teipsum
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

The weak reception problem could possibly be corrected with a diddle-stick to the tuning coil on the car, adjust it for operation at farthest distance from the TX.

Thanks PimpFloyd, it is a tank circuit I was just trying to ease them into it. Didn't want anybodys head to explode all over the thread. messy.

I knew I forgot one! (Gotta find a 57...) Bump the list to: 27, 35, 40, 49, 57 mhz. And remember using a frequency not designated by the FCC for telecommand of model craft on land is bad and do not ever do it.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

frizzen wrote:The weak reception problem could possibly be corrected with a diddle-stick to the tuning coil on the car, adjust it for operation at farthest distance from the TX.

Thanks PimpFloyd, it is a tank circuit I was just trying to ease them into it. Didn't want anybodys head to explode all over the thread. messy.
Bring it on...I replaced a battery in my buggy and the solder stuck :-D Now I'm ready for anything. :cool:

So, where do you insert your diddle stick? :shock: ...and does it feel good? :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

@ Frizzen - I believe I have a 57mHz, maybe two but I'd better confirm that, I've been having alot of senior moments lately.

@ Mr Rhein...I believe the car bodies at my Menrards are the same. I'm not sure if you can tell thru the packaging what freq. they are set at. I will make it a point to check the next time I'm there - which may be sooner more then later.

@ Sidewider...depending on the frequency of your diddle sticking - you may go blind :cool:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Sidewinder, yes it does. Be careful not to overdo it, you may end up with hairy palms or dehydrated. ***Remember for diddling a coil your diddle-stick has to be without any metal, take out your piercings first.*** Plastic or Wood for your diddle-stick are ok though.

Find tuning coil on car PCB, dig the wax out, then with your diddle-stick screw the ferrite in and out until you get the best performance possible. Happy funtimes await you.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

frizzen wrote: Try a Walgreens, it's been the traditional USA source of Charge-N-Go.
Yeah, used to find em all the time.
On my recent micro r/c hunting outing, I found zero at the 4 Walgreens I visited.
The manager at my local Walgreens informed me today that Walgreens recently made
a bunch of changes to their product lines or whatever, and they will no longer be carrying
our loved micro r/cs. :(

He didn't know any specifics, like if this effects other regions, or if they're even picking up a
different type of micro r/c. I'm in Washington State.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual