Micro terrain titans MONSTER TRUCK

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Re: Micro terrain titans MONSTER TRUCK

Post by Pork_Hunt »

MotorGong wrote:
Pork_Hunt wrote:Just briefly about those SHEN trucks...
Which Shen trucks? Is that the 'Hurricane' Shens with the larger pistol style controller/charger?
Was thinking of snaggin one or two off Ebay for kicks, 15$ shipped, but was hesitant not knowing
anything about them. I've had a fair share of Shen cars, however those Hurricane trucks, which look
similar to the one in your pic there, they seem like a different breed.

Is there a review, or even some sort of commercial end-user observation post somewhere
possibly under a different product name that I missed for these suckers?
Okay, I really don't want to lead anyone astray here, I am NOT necessarily endorsing these cars. It certainly is a Shen Hurricane. I reckon I got this one in 2005 for AU$10 posted (at the time maybe US$4???). They are dual cell, already have headlights, magnet steering, a pretty nice bullbar and from memory tracked pretty okay (adjustable steering). They aren't all fairy farts and rainbows but, I'm pretty sure mine is over(under???)geared to shit, and the rear gear box is a unit making it REALLY tough to change the motor or gearing... This one was on the way to enter the end of year competition, but with the rear gear-pod and oddball chassis, I just couldn't find a good place to cut, no matter how hard I tried! :cool:

Honestly the HIGHLIGHT of this little truck is the easy-swappable wheels IMO.
If you want to wait like 2 days, I will charge up a set of AA's and do a full review with video... But only if people are interested.
US$15 for two is a pretty good deal as long as you realise that they are still pretty gutless. I would grab that, but only if I saw it in a shop and could buy them with change in my wallet...
betty.k wrote:more importantly, where the fuck have you been??! :shock:
That is a tough one. I have been in Horsham, Vic since Jan 2008. My wife is studying nursing up here. Oh yeah I got married. So now I am a stay-at-home dad in The Bush. Oh yeah we had a kid too, like 6 months ago. Other than that it has been Mini-Z OL for the last like 5 years, and as of a month ago a Losi Micro Crawler. I have shifted all my computer gear over to linux so that takes up a bit of my time too... I don't even have an on-road Mini-Z at them moment (although I do have a iW-02 chassis in bits laying around...)
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Somebody on RCcrawler linked this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BXb3qjgg8A

the ramps and cars to crush are kinda cool.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

ya i really like that video. like i said b4 i want to get one of these and put a zzse servo in one
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

vwmicrosizer wrote:ya i really like that video. like i said b4 i want to get one of these and put a zzse servo in one
why don't you make your zzmt to be 2wd?
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Post by Pork_Hunt »

rcrally wrote:
vwmicrosizer wrote:ya i really like that video. like i said b4 i want to get one of these and put a zzse servo in one
And put up some pics already!

I actually charged up the Shen after the photo shoot and it is a POS... Really under-geared but it does get up to a reasonable speed. I have some old low-pile carpet laying in the shed and it goes over that okay, but even on hard packed dirt it just won't move! One day I'll stick a lipoly in it maybe... A fet mod might be exactly what this car needs to be honest, but until that day... :o :o :o
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I like mine but I've only run it on smooth concrete so far. It probably would be geared badly for anything rougher.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

rcrally wrote:
cuz im trading it
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

So anyway, I think there was a topic somewhere about Airhogs is behind the "monster truck" version of the buggies. They changed the TX design and they've got atleast 1 more body out now than they did at the beginning of this.

Those goddamn crapfilled bastards have a Baja Bug. :x Bunch of fucking assbags! :evil: :mad:

If you're going for my Kryptonite, atleast make it look a little bit better. :|
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

That is just a bit ugly :o ...I like yours much better. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand