Hotwheels R/C Stealth Rides

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Hotwheels R/C Stealth Rides

Post by frizzen »

Hotwheels branded micro RC vehicles. They seem to have 3 styles out going by box artwork

Power Tread
Catamaran styled tank, able to fold and stow in the controller. VERY narrow rubber tread. very light weight feeling for a tank. it has an odd channel mixing so just pushing one stick, well 'control' either direction makes it axis rotate, instead of letting you skid so it hampers maneuverability over independant control. Looks more like a commercial version of the "Ripsaw" than like any battle tank ever built.

Racing Car
Vaguely Audi A4 or Mazda RX8 looking, but with the WIDEST ugly bodykit ever!

Batmobile
The armored thing with goofy steering and duallies. Looks way cool.

IR controlled, 2 channel, 2 frequency, runs on LR44 batteries... Impressive engineering to make a tank fold into a 3/8" high package.

http://www.bsckids.com/2010/02/hot-whee ... fair-2010/
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
betty.k
bitPimp

Re: Hotwheels R/C Stealth Rides

Post by betty.k »

ok, i'm sold on the tank! :eek:
i used to be cool
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

They're pretty cool...

I think you'd like them...

fuck off, you guys want pics don't you? My camera doesn't like micro with low battery. they'll be blurry and you bitch & whine.
-
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

But I'm gonna bitch and whine anyway... :roll:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

-
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Man, you need to get a better camera :razz:

OK, it does look pretty cool, hows it run on less than smooth surfaces?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
reaper
bitHood

Post by reaper »

awww man i NEED one of those batman tumblers :eek:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

First off, it is less capable than the cool battle TANK looking 'oval clone' tanks that were out years ago, but still better offroad than most of the 2wd micro rc things. I haven't played with any of the other micro tank systems, so I can't compare to them.

Tracks are only 0.110" wide, so you've got to plan more to keep from throwing one on high grip terrain. you can't just power a single track which hurts on non-flat terrain. departure angle isn't great because of the folding track linkages hanging off the back. Doesn't look to be very mod friendly.

It's a tank. it drives like a tank. it quacks like a tank. doesn't really look like a tank. they're pretty good. it's available in normal people stores instead of hobby shops or online ordering, so you'll be more likely to have someone else buy one so you can play together. (2 tanks always more fun than 1 tank) Even not looking like a real tank, it's still fun to drive on topographical maps.

finally figured it out, it's a concealed carry toy. folds up into a self contained package that protects the car, so easier to drag along without worrying about damage unlike any other cars or tanks. until you pull it out at dinner to conquer the table, nobody will know how immature you really are. Plus the folding switchblade thing is pretty cool.

Not gonna conquer the world with it, but you can have a pretty good king of the hill match against someone while waiting on the appetizer to arrive. you don't have to worry about the guy in the Tiger or Panzer beating your Sherman or M1A1 Abrams, thus throwing the world into Axis control and making you have to learn to speak german or japanese. :wink:
-
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Actually I was thinking donor tracks = home made micro snowmobile. :???:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Saw a batman Tumbler at the hobby shop.

Looks like the front end is solid with really hard front tires, so you just skid-steer. Looked cool, scale was about like a Hotwheels.
-