zip zaps monster - let the modding begin

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

one question, has anyone mosfet modded these babies yet?

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya the nikko motor is better than the stock green forsure. about as good as the red or yellow motors.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ph2t wrote:one question, has anyone mosfet modded these babies yet?

ph2t.
I've got FETs on the way, so soon, very soon.

Hogs got your biff in his.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Shit just got one, and these things are FUN, thanks for making me get one guys, O and Xmod decal kits are 3 bucks, i picked one up, hehe im goiing to rewind one of these motors, pretty small i think i can do it, also put the fucking nikko motors into these and they FLY, lol espically with my huge ass wing, :-)

Edit these things CAN be rewound :lol: but damn it aint easy work.

these things are freaking hard to just get the wire off the armuture, theres like 80 winds of super thing wire.
TallduDe
bitThug

Post by TallduDe »

i got one of these things :-D

just wondering which gear and motor combo is the best for torque? like climbing over stuff?

i know the orage motor is fast but does it have torque?

cheers
-------------------------------------------------

Cheers
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

TallduDe wrote:i got one of these things :-D

just wondering which gear and motor combo is the best for torque? like climbing over stuff?

i know the orage motor is fast but does it have torque?

cheers
I thought the red motor with green gears gave me buttloads of torque. I prefer the orange motor just to tame the torque down a bit.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

I just thought I'd be different and convert my MT to RWD instead of it staying AWD, it's not really worth it too do this and all You got to do is take out the driveshaft and the gears up front, and Yes it sucks putting it back together so I'll leave it RWD, It doesn't effect performance and it doesn't pop wheelies as well either, sooo this is all I've done besides put in a torquey-er steering motor which did help, I'm soon going to get the motor upgrades and the tires. :cool:
But otherwise the RWD conversion is a waist of time, but good learning experience.
EDIT: retested it and umm lost major climbing power, and some speed, so a motor upgrade is a must have now, lost some traction also, on the other hand it turns sharper than before and goes around corners a little faster.
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

im working on a racer.. basicly think mini, mini t :)

Actually comming along very nice, I put those Nikko Tires on, from the truck, so it can still go over things to, but the knuckles up front are being a pain in the ass, i may need slightly bigger tires.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

JDM-R34 wrote:EDIT:it turns sharper than before and goes around corners a little faster.
That gives us a little more insight as to how the AWD was effecting the steering. Like Payaso said....some sort of diff would probably help.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

Yeah a Diff really would help, but anybody know how to make one, lol :cool:
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

stagg wrote:im working on a racer.. basicly think mini, mini t :)

Actually comming along very nice, I put those Nikko Tires on, from the truck, so it can still go over things to, but the knuckles up front are being a pain in the ass, i may need slightly bigger tires.
What are You doing to make it a racer? What do Nikko tires look like, never seen them before I don't think???? What mods do You plan on doing? And for people who do FET's and Biffs (can install them) which is cheaper biffs or FET's, are they the same things, and which one is easier to install? I know Hog didn't You say that You have a BIFF on Your MT? :cool:
Thanks
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

well i cut down the chassis A LOT, so its veery thing, and WAY lighter, the nikko tiers can be found in HOGS thread, i think he dualcelled his?
anyway's im stating to get made witht eh front again, its whats really pissing me off.
But now i think i got my camera to work again, so i may be able to ge tpics soon, or at least i hope.
crusty
bitPlaya'

Post by crusty »

dual SE batts
sorry there a little blurry

Im getting really short run times.Should I charge longer or get another adapter with higher ma output?I usually charge for around 2 mins.
ImageImageImage
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Definately charge it longer. There is only one battery in an SE and I tend to double or triple charge just the one.

You got two in there, so its going to take at least 2x as long as a stock SE to charge.

I'm sure someone here could get more technical, but I think you just need to charge it longer.

:driving:
crusty
bitPlaya'

Post by crusty »

I charged for 5 mins and only got a 2min run time.Could i have messed up the batteries when i soldered them?
ImageImageImage