I like my MS Pro a lot better now.

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
crazydave
bitPimp

I like my MS Pro a lot better now.

Post by crazydave »

My MS pro was plagued with handling problems and squeeky wheels. It had potential, but I was just so irritated with it I never really messed with it.

Yesterday I was noticeing that the front wheel wells on the RX-7 body are almost as big as the rear. I wondered how some fullsize rims would look, so I got the Zip Zap rims off my MS Sport, and not only does it look slick, but the Zip Zap steering knuckles solved my handling problems. I just thought it was funny that my concern over cosmetics, fixed my mechanical problem.

Now I'm digging on the Pro, it's probably my favorite car right now, but whatever car I just got done messing with is my favorite car.

And since was paying some attention to it, I freehanded in the euro taillights with a silver Sharpie.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that's dope!
so still no wheel rubbing on the front?

wonder what was up with the "bad" knuckles?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

good job man. looks clean. im digging my dual cell with the teal gear on it. doesnt peel out and goes hella fast. it has less torque than stock but its no weaker than a single cell with stock gears and after a few feet its warp drive kicks in and man does it want to move. i used to think that gear ratios didnt do much but that was single cell.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

gotta drop a duel cell in there Dave ! !

-nox
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Ack! I got lost, and posted in the wrong forum. Cabo could you do me a favor and move it? Sorry 'bout that, no more St. Ives before bed.
CaboWabo wrote:that's dope!
so still no wheel rubbing on the front?

wonder what was up with the "bad" knuckles?
No the wheels don't rub on the body at all, the chassis, well that's another story. I forgot how much I had to dremel back my MS Sport chassis, but at least since this was my second time I was lot smoother about it.

Don't know what's up with the bad knuckles, but I bought a Sport from the same store with in days of buying the Pro, and it had the same problem. Good thing I bought that one for the PCB.

***Actually I do know what's up with the knuckles. I had this problem last week when I mixed up steering knuckles from two different cars. If the steering knuckles are 2 different lengths then the car will handle unevenly, condidering that I had to bend my sway bar to get the Pro to sit level, I'm guessing in retrospect that must have been my problem.
Last edited by crazydave on Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
crazydave's Gallery
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

noxorc wrote:gotta drop a duel cell in there Dave ! !

-nox
Say that's fits better than I pictured, maybe I will be dualing this car.
crazydave's Gallery
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i dont do the rear window mod anymore. wheelies are great but it takes away from handling.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I still have yet to do an internal dual cell, but so far on most of my jumps, the weight distribution looks close to correct as it is now (external dual cell).
I'm thinking once the dual cell goes inside, it's gonna make the car nose heavy - so no more cool jumps with good landings.
but if you kept it on the ground, it would handle better as the center of gravity is lower and the weight is distributed to the wheels that steer the vehicle.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

lower center of gravity = better traction all around = higher top speed = less peeling out = fly off ramps = hit edge of carpet and roll your car scale 230feet.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

you've been doing a lot of "hog-arithmatic" lately :lol:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Hard to argue against math.

I have an internal dual cell that I still use, but when I did an external dual cell, if I looked at the car funny it would flop on it's back. The internal is alright as long as you slow down for corners. That would probably be better for a booster, but I've been getting sick of tape gooies lately, and been trying to keep my PCB covers on. So I'm up in the air as to whether I'm going to go internal or external with this car. If I decide to go external I've always got my LXX RX-7 body I can hack up.
crazydave's Gallery
Buzzbait
bitThug

Post by Buzzbait »

You could do a Layman's dual cell and have neither problem.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Buzzbait wrote:You could do a Layman's dual cell and have neither problem.
That's something else I've been meaning to get to, that I keep forgeting about. Thanks for reminding me.

Some complain those batteries lack punch, what's your experience?

That's cool noxorc posted a picture of his to this thread, because I had painted the inside of the body silver, and it made the blue really pretty, but I didn't think it was coming out in pictures, but now seeing noxorc's car, I think it definately makes a difference, even in pictures. I kinda forgot what it looked like stock, because I did it about an hour after I had it.
crazydave's Gallery
Buzzbait
bitThug

Post by Buzzbait »

Ask me in about a week. I just ordered a some batteries to try it out. Now that I've gone to using a peak charger for most of my RC cars, this mod makes more and more sense.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

you serious? that car was transparent blue and that's just silver painted from the inside?
nice!