My stretch zzmt crawler

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Yes. I was working on something similar but the real problem to work out it the steering. Also the xmods springs are going to be too stiff but a trip to the hardware store might find some softer springs that would fit on the xmods shock body. Good luck...and if you try keep us posted on the results. :-o :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
zipperzack
bitThug

Post by zipperzack »

UPDATE

I did a six wheel drive mod but I don't think I will stick with this set up, it is a WIP. take a look:

stretch crawler specs:
articulation mod
LiPo battery
zzse crawler box
extended wheelbase
hydro style steering
suspension
beadlock wheels
cb whip antena
lego tires
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

Ummm, that's nuts. Keep hackin' & tackin'.
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622
zipperzack
bitThug

Post by zipperzack »

iv done more to this thing but my camra isn't working right. i'll have some updates again soon.

stretch crawler specs:
articulation mod
LiPo battery
zzse crawler box
extended wheelbase
hydro style steering
suspension
beadlock wheels
cb whip antena
lego tires
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

You know if you had two boards 49 & 27mhz and built a new housing for the transmitters so you could manipulate both, you could steer each end seperatly :-D Maybe thats a bit over the top for a micro. :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
zipperzack
bitThug

Post by zipperzack »

Sidewinder wrote:
You know if you had two boards 49 & 27mhz and built a new housing for the transmitters so you could manipulate both, you could steer each end seperatly Very Happy Maybe thats a bit over the top for a micro.
]

that's actually a good idea, that could work it would be a long difficult project but it is very plausible. nice idea dude i might look into that. :-o

stretch crawler specs:
articulation mod
LiPo battery
zzse crawler box
extended wheelbase
hydro style steering
suspension
beadlock wheels
cb whip antena
lego tires
zipperzack
bitThug

Post by zipperzack »

I'm thinkin something like this:

not sure how the transmitter housing would be setup though? :???:

stretch crawler specs:
articulation mod
LiPo battery
zzse crawler box
extended wheelbase
hydro style steering
suspension
beadlock wheels
cb whip antena
lego tires
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

You know would be a cool idea on top of that, if we are going to go there, just combine two crawlers, 2 pcbs, 2 steering motors/housings, 2 motor housings. Put one steering housing in front, a middle section for the pcb's and motors, and then another steering housing to act as the rear. Then just reverse the two steering wires on the pcb board of the rear section and flip the motor that controls the rear end opposite of the front motor and that way you can control the front and back independently with one modded controller. If you know what I mean. Or you could just use one motor, but still flip the steering wires on the back end so that what looks like left to you will turn the wheels left. It's a cool idea and if you hydro the back as well, it'll be like "the stick" and a very capable crawler.

[YouTube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FPrJWc4J7i0[/YouTube]

As I recall reading, he had each wheel wired up to a separate servo and maybe even motor so that he could control each one independently.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The controler could be something like this: Cut the rased circle and replace it with a dual slotted piece of plastic. The instal both buttons one above the other...you could get one or both at the same time with your thumb.

I've never pulled one of the transmitters apart so it might take a bigger box to fit everything...but the basic layout should work.
zipperzack
bitThug

Post by zipperzack »

SMOKE&MIRRORS WROTE
You know would be a cool idea on top of that, if we are going to go there, just combine two crawlers, 2 pcbs, 2 steering motors/housings, 2 motor housings. Put one steering housing in front, a middle section for the pcb's and motors, and then another steering housing to act as the rear. Then just reverse the two steering wires on the pcb board of the rear section and flip the motor that controls the rear end opposite of the front motor and that way you can control the front and back independently with one modded controller. If you know what I mean. Or you could just use one motor, but still flip the steering wires on the back end so that what looks like left to you will turn the wheels left. It's a cool idea and if you hydro the back as well, it'll be like "the stick" and a very capable crawler.
that would be a hell of a project, but you wouldn't be able to have two motors unless you had a clutch cause if you tryied to run only the front wheels it would just drag the back wheels and vice versa.

by the way I have some extra front and rear ends that i could use on this type of rig but I need the transfer gear that goes in the steering housing. does anybody have any spare parts like that?

stretch crawler specs:
articulation mod
LiPo battery
zzse crawler box
extended wheelbase
hydro style steering
suspension
beadlock wheels
cb whip antena
lego tires
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

We need someone to make some resin castings of all the parts so we don't have to pay ebay prices every time someone wants to build. I'd offer to do it but because of some other stuff I'm in no position to do any casting right now... and there's a couple of thing I need to copy and a few others I want to do just to do them. Maybe soon.

If you want to find out more search the forum for resin casting...I think you might be plesently supprised by some of the stuff you find.

Start here:http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... ight=resin

If you find one on aluminum casting, skip it unless you have really good health insurance that covers burns and great fire insurance on your house. Trust me.
zipperzack
bitThug

Post by zipperzack »

I have some questions: first, can i make a bridge on some of the resistors on my pcb to get more power?

and if so which ones? :?

stretch crawler specs:
articulation mod
LiPo battery
zzse crawler box
extended wheelbase
hydro style steering
suspension
beadlock wheels
cb whip antena
lego tires
zipperzack
bitThug

Post by zipperzack »

Anyone? :-(

stretch crawler specs:
articulation mod
LiPo battery
zzse crawler box
extended wheelbase
hydro style steering
suspension
beadlock wheels
cb whip antena
lego tires
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I think you can FET stack, but I don't remember any resistors on the ZZ-M we can work around.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

If you added a second motor would it help or would splitting the power between the two just work out to the same amount of torque anyway? Maybe that would help. Anybody know?