Has anyone moded one of the transformer zips?

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Has anyone moded one of the transformer zips?

Post by sidewinder »

I just tore open one of the bumbelbee camaros and I swear it looks better than the previous zips. I think I'm going to have to make something wild...but what?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

I don't know, but I was wondering that myself. I have three of them and then an Optimus semi too. I have the semi hooked up with a trailer from a tractor set. The camero and mustang both fit on it. I'd love it if we could get some stuff going for these since they are only $7 bucks now!
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The Cars, and Transformer Zips were better. It's just a shame by that point we had all decided we blew too much money on Zip Zaps for them to just get blown out at $3, so I don't think a lot of us wanted to pay $20 for another Zip Zap.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
mailman
bitHood

Post by mailman »

The only thing i have done to my zz bumblebee is,i cut off the hard wire motor and exchanged it with an old hard wired engine from a old cheap clone bit.The extra volts on bumblebees battery sure gave the little old engine a boost to the point that with some slick tires on a dry clean surface it willies from a stop at WOT(wide opened throttled).So if you have an old cloned bit hard wired motor laying around give it a try. :0)
1993 300zxtt
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

You wouldn't believe what some of us have laying around... I think it DarkTari who put up a picture of his collection...maybe CrazyDave as well. between the members here I would guess there have to be around 1000 bits, zips, and clones just sitting in their boxes (or domes) waiting for the right moment of inspiration. I came to the game late so I only have probably 30-40 tiny dust collectors sitting around...but some people...well lets just say I'm nowhere near the top of the pile when it comes to hoarding. :grin:

Wait, foud one of the threads: http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... ight=stash
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:You wouldn't believe what some of us have laying around... I think it DarkTari who put up a picture of his collection...maybe CrazyDave as well. between the members here I would guess there have to be around 1000 bits, zips, and clones just sitting in their boxes (or domes) waiting for the right moment of inspiration. I came to the game late so I only have probably 30-40 tiny dust collectors sitting around...but some people...well lets just say I'm nowhere near the top of the pile when it comes to hoarding. :grin:

Wait, foud one of the threads: http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... ight=stash
I'm not a hoarder. I'm OCM, Obsessive Compulsive Modder. I'd be rolling up change just so I could get another $5 clone hookup from BigLots. I'm all over here begging my wife for money for FETs. "C'mon on baby, just 5 more cars and I promise I'll quit." I needed my fix!

I have about 50 bits/zips, none are in the boxes, nearly all have been modified in some form. Inspiration has struck some cars 3-4 times, I'd run out of cars to mod, and mod them again. I was trying to be funny before, but really, I had an addiction for a while. I think all them lacquer and glue fumes got to my head! :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I never did get one of the big lots clones...were they any good? They don't still carry them do they?

You can still get the Walgreens clones for $5.99 or 3 for $12.89 but I haven't seen on of the trucks there forever. I should have grabbed some, but I just kind of figured they'd have them for as long as they've had the cars...oh well, I'll keep up my bi-weekly checks.
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

I've got about 35, but i've traded/sold/swapped/broke/lost at least that many. Most have copped at least a few mild mods - although i will admit to never having pulled off a successful fet mod. I killed like 6 (genuine) bits trying, when they were like $40 a pop.
tiny soldering? that shit is hard.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:I never did get one of the big lots clones...were they any good? They don't still carry them do they?
The Thunder Chargers from BigLots were IMO the best clone ever. $5 at a time when clones were still commonly being sold for $12.99. They had the fastest out of box motor, and the PCB seemed to deliver more punch with FET mod than the name brand ones. Good tight steering. Decent QC. Grippy tires on cool 6 spoke wheels. The only drawback, ugly bodies, and you'd have to modify the body mounts to mount a bit body.

They do not still carry them, they were replaced with I think they were called Micro Speed, which only lasted a year, and those were similar quality, but slightly more expensive.

At one time my collection was mostly Thunder Chargers, but most of those are dead now, I stocked up on the name brand cars when they were on clearance, and many of them have the Thunder Charger electronics in them
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Huh? I wonder how I missed them? I've seen people comment about having Box Lots clones but never checked them out. Oh well, I guess if I had one of every clone made I wouldn't have room for them anyways.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

My Name Is DarkTari ! and I am not a hoarder ! I too am an OCM :shock:

Well everyone had their favorites. Cavey liked the Thunder Chargers, and they were GREAT Micros.
My personal favorite was the She Qi Wei !! Straight Out The Box, they couldn't be beat.......IMO

As far as paying more than $9 for a ZipZap, not me !!!
I cleaned up on the $3 - $7 ones. Coulda gotten the new X-Mod for $14
on Black Friday, but I'll wait for them to come-on down to $9.... :smile:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I broke down and got one when I was in RS on Black Friday...it's not to bad, when they clear them out I'll have to stock-up. :-o
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I'll post when I hear sumtin. Look in Da Hookup ........... :-o
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Cool thanks, and BTW it's good to see you hanging around again. :-o
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Thanx Pimp ! I've been on a Hiatis of sorts with all the shit I been doin to Da Toaster, shows & events......

I got a shit load of Micro projects that I never got to. I started doin some shit for the next Moderators Contest but that never happened so those along with others are still in Da Shop.....