TTTT (Table Top Truck Trials) Information?

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

TTTT (Table Top Truck Trials) Information?

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Hey pimps, so I recently discovered the phenomenon that is TTTT or Table Top Truck Trials, 1:87 scale RC crawlers. I've been trying to research these to find parts, blueprints, gears, servo, receivers, etc. I haven't had much luck since I'm finding this late in the game and most sites are in German where a translator can't translate them. Can anyone give me some current information on where I can look to find parts, or even a complete TTTT to buy. Any information is helpful (that is in English). Thanks in advance.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Tiny RC has a section dedicated to them, and pretty good resource links.

To go much beyond that, you're almost going to need to learn German though.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Good luck with lerning German...I've taken four courses in it in college and I still use the translators to check myself. I can't read half of what some of those sites say. Maybe, if you want to know something specific from one of those sites, hottiehot could help. He's in Gemany and his English is way better than my German...he's a nice guy and I'll bet he'd be willing to try.

One thing though, those TTT parts are gong to cost a lot of money...I thought about it myself until I realized it would probably run into the hundreds...but maybe things have become cheaper by now.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

TTTTs are very expensive to build and are mostly custom one off trucks.

Go browse the german forums. Sometimes you can get one them to build one for you, or you can source out the parts and get it going your self.

Probably gonna cost you in the neighborhood of $400, but the down side is, there is no TTTT here in the USA. You'd be spending a good sum to just "have" one. I've always wanted one too, but I can't bring myself to spend the loot on it.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Re: TTTT (Table Top Truck Trials) Information?

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Hey everyone, so I think somewhere here or on one of the other rc forums I visit, I saw something about someone's idea to use one of the Air hogs helicopters as a donor for tttt parts. Does anyone know if the PCB from one of those helicopters (pico-z type) could work for a TTTT/ land based vehicle? Thanks.

P.S. I posted here because I didn't think this was worth a whole new thread.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
nonickname

Post by nonickname »

Unsure, but I just ripped apart an old heli, and it had a Propo PCB (which was tiny!!!, like 1/4 the size of a bit one. You could use that pcb and another for steering), a tiny tiny tiny little LiPo pack :eek: , a fullsize motor (with wires attached) and a tiny little motor which could be adapted for steering. I'd have a look. Also, on the TTTT I've begun to build (not much done yet), I'm using a bcg gearbox with a 1.0 for the center gearbox, then running a shaft (or if I'm lazy, a spring) to the rear part off an aurora AFX slot car (pinion and crown gear + axle).

In my opinion, hand build most the parts except for gears, electronics etc. Good donor gears are from zz's/bcg, clones, watches (if you want a really huge reduction) etc. Also, if you happen to have an old tape player it will probably have a mechanical song counter. The one I ripped out had a worm gear in it.

Good luck :cool:
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Yeah I was afraid of the pcb being limiting like that. I don't know if I'd want to fit two pcb's into one car and then have two transmitters. I'm trying to find a way to adapt the pcb and motor to work somehow. I really want to get this working as the helicopter has a ton of useful parts if it does, and hardly any if it doesn't. :mad:
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs