BIG 5 micro rc SUV!!!

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Thanks. They just built one...I wasn't even sure what it was other than being a really big building. Now i guess I have a reason to find out. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

rccrawlking wrote:thanks guys but i couldn't find the dirty bit tutorial :-?:
you can check out mine and others tutorials in the articles section:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/articles/
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

betty.k wrote:
rccrawlking wrote:thanks guys but i couldn't find the dirty bit tutorial :-?:
you can check out mine and others tutorials in the articles section:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/articles/
I know it looks all fugly right now, I'm working on some things. :-(
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
rccrawlking
bitHood

Post by rccrawlking »

i finally got 3 suvs a truck and a car i did a se servo mod on one suv and it goes over any thing!'8-)'':)'
RCCRAWLKING
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Sounds interesting. Want to post up some pictures or a video so we can see?
Oh, and now you will want to articulate it since it's a crawler. Look at what Frizzen posted a few posts back, ibjam's music string suspension, or even the ZZMT articulation to get some ideas of different methods.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
rccrawlking
bitHood

Post by rccrawlking »

i am trying to post some picks but i cant figure it out :? :-( and i am trying to find out a way to articulate because of the way i had to do the servo mod :cool: I'll post pics asap
RCCRAWLKING
rccrawlking
bitHood

Post by rccrawlking »

idk what what mods 2 do to the other three i have :???:
RCCRAWLKING
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

To post pictures, just upload them from your computer to a site like www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.us. From there, most sites give you the address in a format that is ready for forums. It says something like "For forums".

Also, what you can do is take the direct link (the link that ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, etc) and copy it. Then when posting in the forums up top where it says "Img" click that. Then you get the code "Image". That's it.
Your final result should look like this Image.

As for other mods, after articulating it in the back, you can give the front suspension by adding springs. You can add lights and some cosmetic body work. Put a roof rack on top, some gas cans, hi-lift jack, etc.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Or for $5 you could mix some detergent with gasoline until you get a gel...put a glob on top and light it and see how long it runs until it melts. :twisted:

Oh never mind...I gotta get back on the track, I'm getting destructive.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I probably should post more about the articulation thing, but if I'm honest it's not that brilliant.

***EDIT***
Warning, risk of breaking steering wires. Not reccomended for Rough headed people.
You want absolutely everything to be as square as possible, unless you have a calibrated eyeball, use tools.
I'm tired so this is simplified, if you want more, ask.

Choose victim, yellow thing in this pic (not the body smart-ass) shows where articulation point is located, cut chassis there. How you break the chassis is up to you, just try for clean, square, and high on the skid.

Get paperclip, plastic spray nozzle tube that paperclip fits into, glue (epoxy reccomended, but do your thing your way), blade (or Gnawing Rodent just because I have to include him in every tutorial). Decide how long you can get away with, cut tube slightly smaller, bend a short 90 degree on one end of paperclip, slide on tube, bend other end as close to end as possible without binding in tube, trim both ends short. Cut tube on shaft. 2 captive tubes on shaft should spin freely.

Modify chassis to hold tube, I think you have to remove a battery retainer and drill a hole. Glue up your REAR POD FIRST! It's the critical alignment. REAR MUST BE SQUARE ON ALL AXIS. DO NOT GLUE REAR CAPTIVE TUBE TO PAPERCLIP SHAFT. Once rear pod done, mix up more glue, throw some in chassis tub, slide in other end of articulation thing, more glue, stick battery back in to help locate it on axis of chassis.

Let cure as required by glue.

Close it up.

This is a dual cell, flipped PCB, modded PCB cover, and slightly clearanced internal body.

With either Truck or Wagon body, you MUST open up rear wheel arches, otherwise you just wasted your time. Rears must open BIG I reccomend dremel sanding drum, and open fronts some too for looks.

***/EDIT***

Few more suggestions...
Shave and flip the front suspension bar, or swap with a piece of styrene (see bettys' Tut), thus making it a spring. Did it on this rig

Tire swap OR cut tread blocks (see Dirty Bit tutorial) Done on this truck.

Random cosmetic stuff to the body. Scale things. Like a bed mount spare, relocate rollcage... Done on this truck
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
rccrawlking
bitHood

Post by rccrawlking »

looks good
Last edited by rccrawlking on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCCRAWLKING
rccrawlking
bitHood

Post by rccrawlking »

looks great but i dont want too risk breaking my wires so i think i will just stick too the se servo mod :lol:
RCCRAWLKING
rccrawlking
bitHood

Post by rccrawlking »

fuck i suck with computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RCCRAWLKING
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

It does look good. Did you post this before? Because I completely missed it.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

rccrawalking,

It's not all that bad, just realize that magnet wire is easy to break, and very difficult to fix. As long as you either keep your board always within a set distance of the tub, and don't put any strain on the steering wires, you should be ok. Or mark them and desolder from the board, put it back when you're done.

*cough* Top right corner of your posts "Edit" button, checkbox for delete post or edit the in post text all you want, submit when you're happy with the mods.
-
Sidewinder,
Na, I didn't bother...
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com./pages/phpF ... 2c99955c3c

Don't feel bad, except the Aussies, nobody else really seemed to notice them either.
I think there were a couple other posts they came up in, but I've gotta go, my G/f is being impatient.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'