BIG 5 micro rc SUV!!!

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
rccrawlking
bitHood

Post by rccrawlking »

i am making another se servo crawler today :cool:
RCCRAWLKING
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

rccrawlking wrote:i am making another se servo crawler today :cool:
Why?

Honestly if you want a good crawler (since you already have a crawling suv) you should go on ebay and invest (I use the term loosely) in a ZZMT. Since you are going to be using an SE servo, which most people don't come by too often in numbers greater than 2, you might as well make it count. Buy the ZZMT, articulate it, do the servo mod, put some bigger tires on it and it'll be unstoppable. Whereas with these, as soon as you roll over a twig and go to back up over it you get stuck. Don't take this as an angry post, just some advice. :???:
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I think its about time somebody mods a mini tank! I mean if you want to run over stuff nothing beats tracks :twisted:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I modded a tank, went with either Orange or Yellow Bit motors. Made it faster and torqier than stock, was great until the rubber treads got loose. Didn't get around to making an automatic tread tightening setup, the ZZ-M came out about that time.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:I think its about time somebody mods a mini tank! I mean if you want to run over stuff nothing beats tracks :twisted:
I did a Motorworks tank. Dual cells, FET modded, faster motors. It flew, for a tank.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
rccrawlking
bitHood

Post by rccrawlking »

Smoke&Mirrors wrote:
rccrawlking wrote:i am making another se servo crawler today :cool:
Why?

Honestly if you want a good crawler (since you already have a crawling suv) you should go on ebay and invest (I use the term loosely) in a ZZMT. Since you are going to be using an SE servo, which most people don't come by too often in numbers greater than 2, you might as well make it count. Buy the ZZMT, articulate it, do the servo mod, put some bigger tires on it and it'll be unstoppable. Whereas with these, as soon as you roll over a twig and go to back up over it you get stuck. Don't take this as an angry post, just some advice. :???:

i have already made 6 zzmt crawlers and i have 12 se servos left from a lot of bits with out remotes on ebay 8-) [none are 4 sale]
RCCRAWLKING
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Wow, I love the tank Dave. :-o Two tanks built... I wondered when I posted that if anyone had done one. I was to lazy to search. :sad: I kept thining of doing one someday but they are hard to find...well unless you want to pay ebay pirate prices.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Yeah, those tanks are great. Only wish they were still around to get more.
I had build couple of those.
this one is lifted
If I'll find pics of one more will post.
EDIT
one more. this one was dual celled.
Yeah, the rock!! and roll :grin:
Last edited by ynad on Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I completly missed them whenthey were out and cheap, which sucks since I love tanks. Good work. :-o
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Sweet bogies!

*steals that idea for later use*
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i used to be cool