I need your broken servos:)

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
sidewinder
bitProphet

I need your broken servos:)

Post by sidewinder »

I know a lot of us break servos, I have broken a few in the past...unfortunatly I threw them away. But now, for project armageddon I need a reversable micro esc, I don't want to spend the $50-$70 bucks for one so I thought I'd try to make my own. I need the boards out of the servos I threw away...I don't know if all servos work the same way but I have made an esc with a Futaba S-3003 (I think the S-148 servo has the same board). If you have any broken servos and are willing to donate them it would help out a lot. And, as a thank you to the board I will post a tutorial on making your own esc from a broken servo (assuming it works). Thanks---If you have one please PM me and I'll shoot you my address.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Re: I need your broken servos:)

Post by frizzen »

Is this going to be the 2.2ohm resistors in place of the pot? Glue pot neutral? Or is there another mod?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I was thinking I'd replace the stock potentiometer with a miniature "trimmer" pot. a 5K-ohm linear taper model.

You realize I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm just following the LHS's owners idea, I did this once before for a 1/24 scale truck I built back when I first saw the small scale RCs but couldn't afford one, but I just kept the stock pot on it...The truck was pretty crude but it worked, I'm just glad John (LHS owner) is still around in case I do something stupid. :?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Nasphere
bitNinja

Post by Nasphere »

sidewinder wrote:I was thinking I'd replace the stock potentiometer with a miniature "trimmer" pot. a 5K-ohm linear taper model.

You realize I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm just following the LHS's owners idea, I did this once before for a 1/24 scale truck I built back when I first saw the small scale RCs but couldn't afford one, but I just kept the stock pot on it...The truck was pretty crude but it worked, I'm just glad John (LHS owner) is still around in case I do something stupid. :?
sorry to resurrect this thread so late, but most servos have a low maximum duty cycle, maybe not exactly what you're looking for.

But if you REALLY need cheap servos (might be cheaper than people sending you broken ones), try hobbycity.com for micro $4 or less servos.

I recommend them for almost ANYTHING RC related. They have (to pick a random thing) high voltage electronic ignition systems for RC gas engines.
Whack!
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Cool, thanks, I'll check them out. :-o