How can I connect my head/tail lights to the PCB?

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
ViTamiN

How can I connect my head/tail lights to the PCB?

Post by ViTamiN »

Hey Pimp daddys!

Here is a pimpin' mofo from Holland and I got my first MS two weeks ago!
Immediately I started checking for cool mods to make my MS a mini monster :grin: And offcourse I ended up on the BitPimps site. I found a lot of info to do the Fet mod, so the Fets are ordered and on tha way!!

My MS is now still original [except for my own modded car antenna and a telescopic antenna for the receiver 8) ] but I'm going to upgrade it as much as I can.

I was looking for a topic about how to fix head/tail lights to the pcb board and found this one:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=1457

The only problem is there are no pics so I dont know how to do that shit.
I want to try to connect two 3mm blue leds for the head lights and two 3mm reds for the tail lights. I know I need to fix a DCDC converter to have enough power for the blue leds...
Can somebody post some pics or good links to do the DCDC converter and the leds on the pcb?

ViTamiN.

btw really nice job with this site! I didnt find another site with a shitload of info like this one! :eek: So keep up the good work!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

welcome to da hood bro.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

welcome aboard ViTamiN
ph2t will probably be able to answer your question.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
ViTamiN

Post by ViTamiN »

That would be great! :mrgreen:

Now its just waiting till those Fets fall on my door mat :? to practice my soldering scillz.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Pics updated man. lost my web host over the last few days so my 300+ picutres and 100MB of data that totaled over 3GB of bandwidth a month for all you bit freaks is now gone.......arghhh!!!!

ph2t.
ViTamiN

Post by ViTamiN »

Thanx ph2t! :grin:
Sucks you lost your webhost though.

Now I have the pics I have an idea of how to connect it but is it also possible to post the names of the components you used and maybe a diagram of how to connect them? I'm not a rookie in this area so that should be just fine. 8-)

ViTamiN
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

No worries man. Let me check my data and I'll get you the info.

Cheers,

ph2t.
maximan
bitThug
Location: toys r us exchanging ms pros boards for thunder charger boards

Post by maximan »

ph2t
could you hook up a relay to the forward too take 1.2volt and say a 3volt litheum cell and only turn on the leds when you hit the forward
if you can't see my car now wait until i hit the boost botton
ViTamiN

Post by ViTamiN »

Hmmz, yeah thats possible, but it has to be a really small relay. I guess I could give it a shot eej :)
I was also thinking about using a button cell [CR2032 3V] to power the lights. But the blue leds need more voltage than that. Is it possible to bring the voltage up to 4,5V?

BTW The fets came in today, so I spend like 2 hours fiwing them on the PCB and it WORKS!! :eek: and my ms is insanely fast now!! The only problem now is that its so powerfull that I spin a lot, so I really need some bigger tires to get some traction. But I'm working on that.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Eliminate all that spinnin' by using a motor with more top end and less torque. Also, try the teal gears, or better yet, use KIT racer gears. I've had better luck finding the right amount of torque through motor and gear combos instead of messing with different tires. Tires are important, but use them to fine tune... get the torque where you want it, then try out tires.
ViTamiN

Post by ViTamiN »

Thanx for the tip. I'll sure try that out. Have to order them first though :-?
But some fat new dubs is allways nice offcourse! lol :grin:
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

ViTamiN wrote:But some fat new dubs is allways nice offcourse! lol :grin:
Yeah man, the right tires are key. If I'm building up a car to look cool, I might do some kind of DUB or modifier wheel mod. But, if I buiding a car to kick ass on the track, I tend to stick with wheels that allow me to use Bit tires... that way I have more tuning options at the track. I race on a hardwood floor, and stock wheels with grippy slicks in the back and medium slicks in the front is usually the best combination for me.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Hue, when I read post like your last two post, I always think to myself, 'Now here's a guy that really races his cars.'

'Cause I totally agree with you.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"