ZZSE FET MOD VIDEO: 35 degree climb video, wheels spinnin!

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
cyborgzero
bitHood

Post by cyborgzero »

Crazydave,

Sure, you can post a full tutorial, thats fine by me.

As far as how it compares to uAs, I have no idea, but, judging from the videos of his cars I have seen, its identical if not really close..

Not like he is gonna come forth and tell us or anything lol..

Thats why I made up the hillclimb test.. To have something less *subjective" than speed.. There are so many things that can change the speed of a bit, but, the hillclimb really gives you a good idea of what is going on, and, regardless of the gearing and such, you can get up close enough to actually see how fast the wheels are moving and what angle is involved..

I think the best way to do the hillclimb looking back on it would have been to use some rough grit sandpaper on the surface of the incline..

I will prlly post another with sandpaper later on to decrease wheelspin, like maybe 220 or 300 grit would be good..

Rob
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

:eek: I'm glad this things finally cracked.
excellent job you guys.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

cyborgzero wrote:Crazydave,

Sure, you can post a full tutorial, thats fine by me.

As far as how it compares to uAs, I have no idea, but, judging from the videos of his cars I have seen, its identical if not really close..

Not like he is gonna come forth and tell us or anything lol..

Thats why I made up the hillclimb test.. To have something less *subjective" than speed.. There are so many things that can change the speed of a bit, but, the hillclimb really gives you a good idea of what is going on, and, regardless of the gearing and such, you can get up close enough to actually see how fast the wheels are moving and what angle is involved..

I think the best way to do the hillclimb looking back on it would have been to use some rough grit sandpaper on the surface of the incline..

I will prlly post another with sandpaper later on to decrease wheelspin, like maybe 220 or 300 grit would be good..

Rob
Just some tips on maximum traction that I have found helpful.

For softening and cleaning the tires, making them stick to the road, I find that letting them sit in hot water for 20-30 seconds can soften them a lot, and wiping/squeezing them dry with a lint-free napkin or towel will help greatly.

For the surface, don't use sandpaper, that may cause the tires to rip and wear out a LOT quicker. Instead, make sure you have a HARD, smooth, flat surface like plastic or wood or something, and make sure to wipe all the dust off it, wash it and clean it (like mopping, or whatever), and your tires will grip that road and never let go.....unless you pick it up. :-)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Son_Gokou wrote: For the surface, don't use sandpaper, that may cause the tires to rip and wear out a LOT quicker.
A pair of tires for the good of science? Sounds like fair deal to me, I'll cough up some tires if he needs them. :lol:

cyborgzero, thanks for the giving the go ahead on a tut. I'll be sure you get props. :-)

And I agree, from the videos, and descriptions I've seen, I'd have to say this is the same or very close in performance.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Sand paper would work great, but I think it could cause some resistance<sp?

I'll try mine out, but with a different set up. Clean pullback tires (nothing stickier) and freshly cleaned glass.

Those 2 together are stickier than anything.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

payaso wrote:Sand paper would work great, but I think it could cause some resistance<sp?

I'll try mine out, but with a different set up. Clean pullback tires (nothing stickier) and freshly cleaned glass.

Agreed. Maybe I'll try it that way.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

payaso wrote:Sand paper would work great, but I think it could cause some resistance<sp?

shit man, how big is your coffee table... :smile:
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

So...got any results anyone? I'm interested in how this mod compares to micro_Amps version...anybody?