Twister stuntcar inside Pics. Can it be mod out?

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
jevries

Twister stuntcar inside Pics. Can it be mod out?

Post by jevries »

Last week I bought a couple of these Twister stuntcars just to see what's inside and I was quite impressed with the gearsystems that give these cars considerable strenght and speed.
I want to use the insides for other purposes and want to know if there's a hidden Turbo function on the their?
I can see a letter T but this can also stand for Test. Anyone knows?

By the way the transmitter runs on 3 AA batteries, range is pretty good. I Have no clue what type of rechargebale bats are in the car they run for 5 to 10 minutes depending on what moves you do.

CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

dude, that's great - thanks for the pics.
I was saying the exact same thing about mine, the potential here for an off road bit is increadible.
the car is so strong, runs over just about anything.
if it just turned normally instead of flopping around like a fish outta water, it'd be one strong little beast of a micro.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
blankboy
bitHood

Post by blankboy »

I got five of theese(one sctrethed) and they are really strong and i love them :d

blankster
:D
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

the only impressive thing about them is the 52mhz frequency

i aint done anything with it yet but ill probably gut it for the electronics
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

the power in that thing is pretty hard core.
it's dual celled - strong as shit.
besides that and yea the freq. not much other coolness to it.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

hey

Post by stampede_dude »

yes i strongly agree with cabo but i see why they didnt put regualr steering on it-have you seel the wheel size?they are humongus compared to a regualar wheel.id bet a regualar front end wouldnt turn it with those big wheels on those little bitty knuckles.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

the pcb is perfect for running a tank due to the fact it has 2 h bridges. i've tried it out in my dragon micro x tech tank and it works much better than the original.
i used to be cool
Gfunk
bitThug

Post by Gfunk »

I absoutely LOVE these things for modding. Why may you ask? Many reasons. For one, they have two grea gearboxes right out of the box, both the power and steering gearboxes are pretty nice, as long as your gears aren't stripped. Also, as stated by Betty.K, they have dual H-bridges, VERY nice for anything you want with motorized steering. But the last thing alot of peopel DON"T realize, that beautiful little IC on there, when 2C or 6C is written on it, is capable of having a total of 4 channels, provided you have a controller with an IC to go along with it to add the extra channels.
-=GfµnK=-
xelder

Post by xelder »

Hi

I'm doing a 4WD double wishbone with a couple of this and was thinking how to use the pcb and apply progressive on it is it possible due to the fact of having two "H" bridges?

Baring in mine that I'm no pro and I don't understand that much of electronics!

I already now how to to the esc and that's simple we remove it from a Hitec HS300 we already have the servo gear box and engine in this bugs (2 of them). What we need to do is give propo to the drive and control or use another propo control.

Witch electronic wizard is gone solve the problem!
:grin: