Bit Charge DYNO Stage 1 complete

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
micro_Amps

Bit Charge DYNO Stage 1 complete

Post by micro_Amps »

Here's a sneak peak at my current project.
Its a micro car dyno.
At this stage it is speed measuring only, but that was the objective for stage 1.
Next stage is to put an electric load onto the car running the dyno and measure the power produced, but that comes later.
Even tho it is a speedo only at this stage there are some interesting results showing up between the different cars and motors.
This pic shows one of my twin cell bits doing 15Km/h but since this was taken I have rescaled the computer to show 10x the speed, so it now will show for example 157Km/h meaning 15.7Km/h. The computer in this setup will show up to 30.0 Km/h which is perfect for BCG use. The extra decimal place is important just to be more accurate and see minor changes in speed.
This was taken about 2 weeks ago, work is progressing on the power measurement part of the dyno. I will post the result as things happen.
:D uA
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

holy schizza! that thing is most excellent dude, if you don't mind definetly share your future findings with us and maybe a tut. on building one of those bad-boys!

Oh and Welcome to th Hood! 8)
:rockon:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

deeeamn!
ditto on everything kwik said.

great job micro_Amps, and welcome to the hood :wink:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

hell ya boy...show us what's in the box....
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Oh, did I forget to welcome you to the hood.

Welcome to the wonderful world of bitPimps.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I love it when peoples first posts are kick ass like this one...

Very impressive.. Keep it up, and welcome aboard.

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

and i thought all you aussies only knew about crocidiles and sheep farming. feel free to show the internals and such. thats interesting.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Get the full shizzle HERE

ph2t.
micro_Amps

Post by micro_Amps »

Thanks gents(?)
Internal photos will be revealed (and tute maybe) when the final product is able to accurately measure relative power output. No point flauntin a box that does stuff all!

I will keep you all posted as developments .....develope.
:D uA

P.S. We do farm sheep, and the crocodiles ARE a problem as they DO eat sheep, but we have a guard kangaroo that can scare them away.
Later.
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Post by MaxximumRC »

tha is awsome, how long did it take to make
micro_Amps

Post by micro_Amps »

Not long, it was just one afternoon really.
Its a long way from finished.
I can now show *some* power output but it still needs work.
Kinda distracted with FET mods now, but I will get back to it.
:) uA
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

this project stil ago? or did it flop?
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

that'd probably be a question better answered at ausmicro, i'm not sure how often uA is here anymore.
micro_Amps

Post by micro_Amps »

Yeah I still lurk around here now and then. I had subscribed to this thread all those months ago, so I got a notification of the extra posts.
I did do more development on the 'dyno' part of this project, and I have spoken to, and compared notes with an engineer friend who actually has a working mini motor dyno that is used for comparing/diagnosing electric aeroplane motors.
I stopped this project at what you see above. It is realy just a speed checker at this point. Although it is dead accurate as I took it to work and calibrated it on some serious measuring equipment.
I stopped the dyno work when I realised that in this form the dyno would be very difficult to complete. I have drawings and calculations for a micro engine dyno, which tests only the motor alone, not in a car which would add another degree of dificulty.
It will work, the theory is sound I know this for a fact, but about six months ago I lost my workshop at work (situation changed) and since then I am unable to put in many hours in a row to work on things like this.
I am still doing fet mods which takes up some of my practical time as well as time online.
It probably will never see the light of day at this rate, pity as I think there is probably a need to decisively measure all those unmarked or over-hyped micro motors to see whos is the best. It would also be good to see how a micro motors' performance fades as it ages, because I have a theory that the magnets in these motors die if exposed to higher voltages for long periods. I think it will remain a theory for a while yet.

So thats what has become of the micro dyno project now, not 'flopped', just stuck in traffic. I'd love to have the time and resources to put in to bringing this to fruition, but I cant see it in the foreseeable future.
:) uA
micro fet mod, BCG, ZZ, website => MicroAmps homepage website
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I didn't get to see the pic, but after all the things I've seen from you on other sites, and a bit of reading, I know that it's gotta be good.

It's nice to see you on bitpimps!