ZipZap Monster MOSFET Mod (Work in progress......)

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

I put lead wire on the inside of the front wheels, the extra weight not only helps keep them on the ground, aids climbing and crawling too.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

crazydave wrote:
Finks wrote:
pimpsmurf wrote:I'm still not getting popping wheelies from dead stop on orange/orange, but it definately has a lot more torque.
If you want to pop wheelies its as simple as adding a 3rd cell bro. A 3rd cell w/ orange is fuckin crazy fast, hell from a dead stop you can ride the bumper on red and if I remember right even green gearing. There is a tutorial here, but trust me, if I can do it, anyone can. 8-)
I think he was making reference to Viperout's claim. I did viperout's car, and his orange motor was just a tad hotter than either one of mine, and it did indeed pull wheelies from a dead stop. My FET modded monsters don't pull wheelies from a dead stop, but they do have a tendency not to keep their front wheels on the ground. They're torquey boogers.

Tri-cell with FETs would be insane with out some kind of propo control. That's why I'm done modding my monsters until I get around to ordering an Iwaver PCB. I'm also thinking about a chassis stretch to keep the front end down.
Errrr, Dave, the li-po is essentially a tri-cell mod in voltage, except it's lighter and has buttloads more current. If you thought mine was insanity with 2 cells and your fets, it's about triple that with the li-po. If anyone can find a higher gear ratio than the orange gear, I NEED IT!!
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

yeah, my 150mah lipos are on the way. I can't decide if I should just order more, or put two in parallel on my MT and go tricell and that mod chip on my SE.

I really wanted to have 1 or 2 lipos on my OGZZ with FETs and the Tinyrc.com R-Spec II Motor that they FINALLY shipped. Gawd, I ordered that a week ago! I'm having trouble finding anywhere that has info on FET Modding an OGZZ. I *KNOW* that there used to be tutorials and such all over the place, but I can't find them anymore. Seems like everyone is on the SE bandwagon, but my OG ZZ are cooler! Lighter! and don't require a mod to go 100% current instead of that gay-ass pulse throttle control. Unfortunately I'm going to return my SE because it only gets like 30% of the speed in the reverse that it has in forward (totally unmodded & stock!!!) It's Borken! :sad:

It's not like I can keep the SE from rolling over anyway yet.

-JNY
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

pimpsmurf wrote:yeah, my 150mah lipos are on the way. I can't decide if I should just order more, or put two in parallel on my MT and go tricell and that mod chip on my SE.

I really wanted to have 1 or 2 lipos on my OGZZ with FETs and the Tinyrc.com R-Spec II Motor that they FINALLY shipped. Gawd, I ordered that a week ago! I'm having trouble finding anywhere that has info on FET Modding an OGZZ. I *KNOW* that there used to be tutorials and such all over the place, but I can't find them anymore. Seems like everyone is on the SE bandwagon, but my OG ZZ are cooler! Lighter! and don't require a mod to go 100% current instead of that gay-ass pulse throttle control. Unfortunately I'm going to return my SE because it only gets like 30% of the speed in the reverse that it has in forward (totally unmodded & stock!!!) It's Borken! :sad:

It's not like I can keep the SE from rolling over anyway yet.

-JNY
No need for the batteries in parallel in the MT. My kokam 145 lasts for about 15-20 minutes.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

They are batteryspace.com 150mah lipos. I'm worried because they are only rated at 2c. I believe kokam's technology has thier 145 and 170mah cells doing .5A and <1A respectively. Much more juice. I'm worried that I'll overdischarge these so-called cheap cells.

-JNY
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

pimpsmurf wrote:They are batteryspace.com 150mah lipos. I'm worried because they are only rated at 2c. I believe kokam's technology has thier 145 and 170mah cells doing .5A and <1A respectively. Much more juice. I'm worried that I'll overdischarge these so-called cheap cells.

-JNY
Well, my kokam 145's rated for 600-700ma constant and 1 amp in bursts. It's got enough current to pop wheelies with orange/orange from a dead stop. Email info@b-p-p.com and ask Troy if he has any kokam 145s left.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

viperdout wrote:Errrr, Dave, the li-po is essentially a tri-cell mod in voltage, except it's lighter and has buttloads more current. If you thought mine was insanity with 2 cells and your fets, it's about triple that with the li-po. If anyone can find a higher gear ratio than the orange gear, I NEED IT!!
Yes, yes I know, your truck is waaaaaay too fast.

Crazy kids with their lipos and that E stuff. :roll:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"