problem for you electricans(sp?)

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

problem for you electricans(sp?)

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I didn't know where to put this, but , we all know tht when you discharge li-ion cells below 3V they are virtually useless.

Question: Isn't there a component that can be added to the li-pro setup that asks for a MINIMUM voltage or the circuit is broken? so that when your output is say 3.5V the car will instantly die and you won't have to be cautious of your battery charge. Just PLAY :eek:

I know they're alot of electronics guys in the hood. All i want is a simple <$0.50 add-on to do this. No complex circuitry.

Is there any?

Maxx
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

I have seen some people add a LED, with somthin on and when it hit 3.5 then the led dies, warning the drive to turn the car off. Is that like what u would want?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i think he means an auto shut down curcuit, like how mobile phones shut down when the battery gets too flat. i really don't know much about this stuff but i suspect it will involve more than 1 component. but i could be wrong.
i used to be cool
codesuidae
bitPlaya'

Post by codesuidae »

You can get circuits to do this on some of the micro flight sites.