Original Zip Zap FET Mod question

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Original Zip Zap FET Mod question

Post by pimpsmurf »

Which FETs on an original ZZ need to be replaced? I finished my stacked FET Mod on my ZZMT today and am anxious to get his little sister FET'd!

I wish I knew how these things worked. I'm guessing the gate is where the signal goes to turn on the source to the next device. I'm not sure how n and p channel FETs differ. I'm again guessing that it is the arrangement of the various flag connectors.

Anyone? I been on some of the german boards, but all I'm seeing is other models. Hook a 64th scale brother up!

Thanks!
-JNY
codesuidae
bitPlaya'

Post by codesuidae »

I started working on a ZZ FET mod doc at one point, but I got distracted and never finished it. The problem is that I did it using the old, crappy method that uses 4 n-FETs and jumpers, which is just stupid. 2 n's and 2 p's is the only way to go.

So, I'll post this page, with the warning that its mostly crap and unfinished but the pictures of which FETs to replace might help you out.

I'll repeat, Don't follow these instructions! Just look at the PICTURES And use p-FETs where appropriate, or your car will go slower with the fets than stock.

http://members.cox.net/codesuidae/FetModZZ.html

I'd update them, but I'm out of regular unmodified zips, and don't really have time anyway.