My pimpin' Big Lots Thunder Charger

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

DarkTari wrote:
crazydave wrote:.
I tried to paint one of mine, but it literally repelled the paint. The paint just beaded up and ran off. Did you have any kind of problems like that?

It seems like when i tried to paint mine the plastic repelled it too....... Maybe its just becaues the plastic is so cheap, and fragile?
I take it U guys don't use a primer !!!!
I probably should use primer, but since I'm usually laying several colors I avoid it to keep the paint from getting to thick, and smoothing out details.

Really I don't see a need for primer on Bit/MS/ZZ bodies, they take paint great. It's just these darn clone bodies that give me issues
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I ALWAYS Primer, but I'll try it without to see da results....
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

I never use primer. Does that have anything to do with not being able to get that smooth glass like finish? I usually just sand the original paint or body and use very thin coats at first, then one good final coat.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

Ahh5hit wrote:It actually went on a lot smoother than any other paint job I've done on any kind of body.
if it's the same paint I used on my rx7, then i know what u mean. and it is completely because of the primer. that primer lays so flat!! I'me pretty sure it's the same paint.

how much did u pick it up for and where?

btw, here's mine that I'm sure you've all seen b4

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=4809
http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=4811
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I always use primer.
what primer does is just like giving a painter a brand new canvas to work with.
in a minimal sense, the primer may help for the finish, but then again, not really (if that makes sense)

really its all about helping the paint that's about to be laid on top of it. making for a more even and smooth finish as far as color base goes. beyond that, it doesn't really do much.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

This is my subaru with illusion paint

Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

EDIT: Oops, quote from midgetman:
how much did u pick it up for and where?

btw, here's mine that I'm sure you've all seen b4

End quote. (I messed that up!)

It is made by plasti-coat. The cans came seperate, not as a kit. The primer and clear coat was $3.99 each, and the Kemeleon color was $7.99 each for 6oz. cans. at Pep Boys. Advance auto had them too for same price.

Yes, I ahve seen yours and it looks awesome. Seeing how good it turned out made me attempt it. I also bought that color too and the glitter color too. Nice work!