Ye Olde Gloria

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
ziprc
bitThug

Ye Olde Gloria

Post by ziprc »

Remember how i said i painted a gloria a while back? Just got a good camera, so here it is. It looks great in that pic, but up close there were some problems. Mainly the fact that some silver got mixed into the black so there were lil' sparklies. Probably i'll repaint it all baclk

The hotness![/img]
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

looks cool - good job pimp

I'ma move this to "Flossin' In Da City"
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
ziprc
bitThug

Post by ziprc »

thx. Dang i just realized imma have some problems. theres some dumb silver paint that got on the inside of the windows, so i cant tint it from the inside. looks like i wont be doing any masking, just spraying the entire car black, and using some silver to touch up headlights etc. oh well, i guess it'll be the stealth nighthawk gloria. :P
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Looks good, ziprc. You can remove the paint from the inside of the windows. Put some thinner on a q-tip and rub the paint off quickly. Then, immediately take a dry q-tip and wipe the excess thinner off. You may need to do all of that twice (a new q-tip the second time). Make sure to do it quickly so the thinner doesn't hurt the plastic.

hue35
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

yeah it looks good, nice choice of colours.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Black, and silver look good on that car... Glorias are my favorite cars of all time... (in a bit)

I did one similar a while back.. Check it out...

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i gota put up a pic of my first "g-sled" now that ive detailed and layed down 3 or so layers of clear. until then whiff the fumes from the freshly painted one.

you were my inspiration payaso.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

You just made me realize that I don't have near enough paint..

Why didn't I ever think of blue? I likes the blue and black.

It reminds me of when I sock my old lady in the eye...lol

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

not blue and black.

its blue and black from one angle and purple and black from another and blue and purple from another.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

hogjowlz wrote:not blue and black.

its blue and black from one angle and purple and black from another and blue and purple from another.
Where can I get it?

hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i used krylon mirage(15$ at walmart) it comes with black primer/the color stuff and clearcoat. and i used blue metallic plastikote from the autostore. i didnt use the krylon clearcoat tho. that pic has no clearcoat on it but with the plastikote candyapple/metalflake of crazydave fame it blings hard. ill snap pics sooner or later.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Cool beans...

ziprc
bitThug

Post by ziprc »

mmm......thanks for the window inside tip. and all of ur glorias look hot. and payaso, i saw urs in the gallery originally and i was like Crapz0rz mcduck i need a gloria. then the funny thing was, I HAD A GLORIA!!!! I was so happy when i foudn it. It was a bootleg my mom got for 5 bucks (isnt that thoughtful!) when she was shopping. It was from when i just started getting serious and i didn't kno what a gloria was yet. boy im kinda pissed i painted it tho. it was originally a really nice blue with shiny clear coat. and it had a funktastic JOMO license plate sticker. If i ever see it again, i will buy all of them and sell some to u guys. Unless something really awesome comes to me, this gloria will just be solid black with gloss coat. Perhaps minor detailing on lights to be done. Any ideas for a not overly riced paint idea?
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

yeah i got one for ya, just paint the car 1 damn color, and then paint the details, and ur done! that is a non-rice idea, don't start putting those POWERED BY NISSAN stuff on it