Lowered SE 'stang

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Lowered SE 'stang

Post by crazydave »

I regretted taking the lights out of my first SE, so my intention here was to get it as low as possible, and keep the lights. I shaved the all the light mounts, and just glued them in, and shaved the mounts under the light's PCB.

I did like an extreme flame type paint job on it, and it fought me every step of the way, and just when I thought I won, the clear coat melted part of it away.

Here's the good side. The picture is especially bad, because I'm PO'ed, and didn't feel like taking a decent picture.

...and here's the bad side. You can see where the charcoal melted into the silver, and along the botton, and behind the side window there's some silver peeking out where the paint melted away. Nothing major, but still far from perfect.

I know exactly where I went wrong too. I ran out of mineral spirits, so I cut a corner, and used degreaser. Laying the Duplicolor clear coat too heavy over the Plasti-Cote color coat didn't help either.

So that just goes to show you, you can break the rules, and sometimes you'll get away with it, but always remeber you're running a risk, and the wrong combination of circumstances, and BAM! you screwed up your paint job.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ajpal87

Post by ajpal87 »

You could drop it that low and still keep the light...thats sweet
the good side of the car is awsome
the bad side doesnt look that bad actually it looks ok..its still way better than my flames i tried to do :-?
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Dude, that still looks killer. I really dig the graphic... it's like flames and some kind of wicked battle axe working togehter in perfect evil harmony. I really didn't dig that body at all stock, but you made it look badass.
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

I wouldn't have noticed the error if you hadn't pointed it out, and am still having trouble finding it. Looks like a good job to me.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Very cool indeed. I really like the front of the car, but the rear does nothing for me...

I haven't busted out with anything in a while, but now now that the pool water is too cold to hang out around, I guess it's back to painting.

Good job man.. Do you have to force the body on? I mean is it like a fat person in a pair of pants 2 sizes too small, and there's constant pressure from all the inerds?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

good job man, i really like them style of flames, and that error is pretty hard to see.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys. I've been trying to do this styly flames for months, but they throw me off be cause normal flames flow one way, but these flow both ways. Really tricky to do.

The color scheme was supposed to be the stock silver, with the main graphic in medium charoal, and the swoosh in charcoal, but after having to cut the mask 3 times, and destroying my third paint mask, because the rearview mirror was in the way (I came really close to cutting those off. :lol: ) I threw the body against the wall, and sat there.

I sat there for long time just staring at the center pieces left over from all the mask I cut thinking, "It's a bad ass graphic, I've got to make it happen." Then I just said, "Screw it, I'll use one of these, and reverse the order of the colors." I'm not happay with the way the colors worksed out. If I wasn't so frustrated, I might have stopped to reconsider another colr scheme.

Then the paint fought with me, and it's doesn't look bad, but when I look at it just see frustration.

@payaso, no it's not like fat man squeezing into a skinny man's pants. I actually cleared more than enough room. I thought I would have to shave the wheel well more when I put the fat LXX tires in the rear, but it turned out I had to shave the chassis to clear the tires.

Here's the inside of the body. I cleaned it out pretty good.
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

damn dave!
I like that you're getting more variations on the graphics, amazing dude.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:damn dave!
I like that you're getting more variations on the graphics, amazing dude.
It's getting harder to keep 'em fresh, but I still got a few tricks left up my sleeve. ;)

Here's some night shots.

crazydave's Gallery
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Great work there man. I too was thinking of removing all the pcb crap in the roof and just running the wires free into a loom for the pcb plug. Any headspace you ca get the better. Did you lower the chassis or the shell?

Thanks,

ph2t.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I can't say that I'm surprised. All of your cars are top notch. This one is no exception. I like everything about it. The bad side doesn't look too bad (are you going to touch it up or leave it?)

Dave, you da man!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ph2t wrote:Great work there man. I too was thinking of removing all the pcb crap in the roof and just running the wires free into a loom for the pcb plug. Any headspace you ca get the better. Did you lower the chassis or the shell?

Thanks,

ph2t.
I lowered the tabs on the chassis. It's so much easier that way.
crazydave's Gallery