Dark Tari started it... I finished it

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Dark Tari started it... I finished it

Post by crazydave »

Dark Tari had sent me a bunch of bodies. One of them was masked and painted, but not finished. I'm not sure why, he'll have to explain that, but I assume because it wasn't laying very good on the doors. I kinda liked the color, so I wanted to see it clear coated.

I added the grey trim along the bottom. Blacked the windows, and rubbed out the sides so they were smooth. His masking was realling good, only 2 little runs to clean up on the tricky headlight. So I fixed that, clear coated, detailed it, found a wing that fit, and here we go...

Why did you give up on this one DT?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Well, what happened, It was one of my 1st paint jobs, this thing has sat for months. I bought a Candy Apple paint and when I did all the masking, priming, and painting, I expected some sort of metallic finish but this is what I got. I was unaware that I would either have to shoot it with a metallic silver or gold, then a light coat of the candy apple, or hit it with a metallic clear coat. So I left it in the Body Bag and gave it up cause I just knew you would create something from it and I was right on the money! That looks damn Pimpin Cavey!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Oh I see...That would explain the color. I like the color though, has kind of a regal feel. I should have took the pics with gold rims.

I totally undrstand that feeling when colors don't mix the way you expected.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Yeah and I was just starting out and wasn't that knowledgable about the model paints so I just let that one go and moved onto the next and haven't stopped since. :cool:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

yet another "paired project" - that's cool just to know two top quality pimps put some work into one body

car looks great too!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

I really dig that color, and the grey trim looks great with it. Nice car, guys.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

one of you pimps should do one of those evolutionary step diagrams, you know the one with the chimp on the left, ending up with the dude on the right. Do it for these mods though, this car could be the first (nice work btw)....

Now to find that fucken soundrack, daaaa, daaaaa, Daaaaa, DA DAAAAAA!

sorry couldn't help myself....can't wait for my body to arrive all the way from pimpcity... :D

ph2t.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

That is a sweet ride dave!!!

I wanna buy some bodies for the new year and see what I can do with them. The Celica is high on my list. :grin:
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

ph2t wrote:one of you pimps should do one of those evolutionary step diagrams, you know the one with the chimp on the left, ending up with the dude on the right. Do it for these mods though, this car could be the first (nice work btw)....

Now to find that fucken soundrack, daaaa, daaaaa, Daaaaa, DA DAAAAAA!

sorry couldn't help myself....can't wait for my body to arrive all the way from pimpcity... :D

ph2t.
Man U crack me up :eek:

Can't wait to see the finished product!