dual-cell Accord wagon

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Bird
bitPimp

dual-cell Accord wagon

Post by Bird »

I've been meaning to get pics of this ride up for a while, and seeing in the latest news that I almost wheelied it into Finks' boat(lol) reminded me that it needed done...

This is a Shen that hogjowlz dual celled for me one night a while back... I think it was back when I was still hard at work on my Swing and Bling entry... Anyways, while hog soldered, I was busy cutting out the back window for the cell to fit... I also notched the opening a wee bit for the antenna to exit(this was before I started messing with hidden antennas...damn).

This was the shell that came with this chassis, and was sporting the "Castrol" looking scheme... I couldn't have my wheelie wagon lookin' like that, so the next day, I masked it up and sprayed it white... I was digging that look as it dried all day when 219 showed up just after dark with some cans of paint he had just picked up... I liked the green, so I went in the kitchen and masked it for my attempt at a fade... I'm not totally pleased with the results, but I still consider it my first successful paint job... oh, yeah, I also hit the cell up with the green while I was at it... In the months since, I have slowly been finishing it up, with the foil, of course, and still have a little to do til it's really finished(heh, I still need to throw an antenna job on it, too lol)

I would like to thank hog for dual celling this for me, and giving me a reason to want the paint to turn out nice... and 219 for letting me use his green...
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

its weird how when you do electronics for someone else and you want it to look clean. why cant i do that for myself :???:
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

I don't know, but I do know that you did a squeaky clean job and that this thing is wicked fast... thanks again, man...

Just for reference... this ride consistently puts up 15 km/h on the tammy speed checker on red ZZ gears(lol yeah... we put bits on the speed checker)...
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hogjowlz wrote:its weird how when you do electronics for someone else and you want it to look clean. why cant i do that for myself :???:
Totally. Like, fer shure, dude. I like totally know what you're saying. Dude.

Been there myself. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

What can I say? :???:

It's GREEN!!

IT's fast!!

It's a mean little car. :cool: