Lowered RX-7 with a fresh paintjob...

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
sat4life27
bitPimp

Lowered RX-7 with a fresh paintjob...

Post by sat4life27 »

I decided to change the body on my latest creation once again. I took my yellow RX-7 (Initial-D) and lowered it 2mm in the front and 1mm in the back. Its as low as I can get it without the front wheels hittin the fenders while turning. I adjusted the pcb over a little and it gave me plenty of room.

Here is one after I got it lowered and painted. I used 3 coats of Duplicolor GM Charcoal metalic gray, tinted the windows black and added silver racing stripes and windshield banner with a superstreet logo (from the xmods vinyls).

One of the guts. I edited this post with new pics....

Last edited by sat4life27 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Lookin' good there with the lines. :good:

Those gotta be cell pics. :???:
Jeep
bitThug

Post by Jeep »

Nice paint, and amazing work on the insides
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

sg219 wrote:Lookin' good there with the lines. :good:

Those gotta be cell pics. :???:
Thanks sg, the pics actually are coming from a old 1.3 megapixel camera. I haven't bothered buying a new one yet but my the old lady is wanting to get a new one. So here soon I can get better pics of everything.
Jeep wrote:Nice paint, and amazing work on the insides
Thanks Jeep, I might add a little bit more color to it or something this weekend.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

sat, that ride looks great. Almost looks like a TT in that second pic minus the pop ups.

As for the pic quality, I may be wrong here, but resolution really doesn't matter all that much when taking pics for the web. I think you may be committing the common accident of many micro modders: getting the camera too close so that the car fills up the screen. The solution is simple, I use a sony 2.1 mp cam w/ out macro ability. All I do is take a normal pic a normal distance away but half hold the button to take the picture. Then once in perfect focus snap it all the way. Then in photoshop I crop out the un-needed photo and save it for the web @ 450 pixels width. Just to give you an idea, I normally crop out a little less than half the picture to get the desired result. Crappy cameras IMO are fine for what we do here in the Hood, you just need to refine your skills. Course Namu, hugh and Super Fly may dissagree.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Thanks for the tips Finks, I edited the the first post with some better pics from a different camera ($20 dolla 2 in 1 web cam). Seems to take better pictures then the other one.

edit: I went to good old wally world this afternoon and after seeing finks import racer wheel mod I picked the silvia up (it was in clearance for 1 dolla!) and modded the wheels to fit. So now my whip has a new pair of shoes....:walking: I also ganked the spoiler... thanks for the wheel mod finks, keep it pimpin!!

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That thing is looking really good, but I'm still drooling over it guts. :lol:

I gotta do that now, I got like 3 dead SE chassis laying around with nothing else to do.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

crazydave wrote:That thing is looking really good, but I'm still drooling over it guts. :lol:

I gotta do that now, I got like 3 dead SE chassis laying around with nothing else to do.
If you get ahold of some iwaver guts I can help you out if you need it. I believe it will install just as easy, the only difference is the fets would not be on top like mine. I am thinking about doing a 2x2 stack of SI4562DY fets on her here soon, when I reinstall the 4 cells.

I am working on getting a video capture card for my puter so I can get some good footage with my camcorder and make a nice little vid for all the pimps...
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i have GOT to get me some more iwaver/mini z pcb's!! :lol:

nice work on the body too man, i'd say drop it some more but i'm sure that's as far as you can get it. :-)
i used to be cool