Oh no not another Skylinez

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Oh no not another Skylinez

Post by crazydave »

Yep another Skyline, sorry, but I like 'em. :lol:

I'm not much in the mood for any major modding lately, but I have a few MS speed sets laying around that I just can't quite leave stock.

This one is set up for track running, with FETs, a TinyRC Formula 34 motor, and the stock teal gears. I wanted to do flames, but i wanted to be just a bit different, and somehow make them more modern, and like touring car influenced.

I happy with the way it came out, but these pictures are kinda shit, it looks better in person. That's ok though, its just a quickie project and I gotta leave for work now, so we'll just deal with it. :lol:

The growing collection of Skylines.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I'm with ya man, I dig the body style.
Looks like you got 2 more to go, what's taking so long? :lol:

I like the slanted flames, nice touch.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Oh yeah, and this is a body that cabo donated to me. :-)

The race themed cars are set up to race and that's it, I might lower them eventually, just because I think there's handling advantages.

I've already decided I got take some pics that do this car justice. The slanted flames look cool as hell from the right angles. I gotta show off the rear tab too. I think this by far the best tab lowering job I've done, and should be a text book example. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

CD you dont need another Skyline do you I have some extra body's R34 type Bit Char G bodys if you want one just PM an address and I will send it out!

Love the paint jobs they are sweet I will have to take some pointers from ya!!
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Damn, man... that looks sweet. I love the way that car sits. Those flames on the hood are tiny... man, that's some serious cutting. Damn!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hue35 wrote:Those flames on the hood are tiny... man, that's some serious cutting. Damn!
Thanks for noticing, I broke 3 blades doing that. :lol:

Ok here's the better pics I promised.

Oh yeah and that's the stock blue paint. It was semi transparent, so I painted the inside of the body silver, to make it pop out. A clear coat, and it looks killer.

Here's the tab lowering job on the rear end. This is actually pretty tricky to get just right. I picked it up from Superfly's car I won in that moderator's contest. This is the first one I've done that I think matches his precision.

This is the tricky part, carving out the rear of the body. Check this out, that's all done with an exacto.

Here's a stock one so you can see what I did.

SWG, Need, want, desire, it's all different. I guess I don't need another Skyline, but maybe I'll just drop you a line anyways. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

*cough*decals?*cough*
(don't tell me lol)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

awesome job cd, you can never have enough Skylines.... :cool:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:*cough*decals?*cough*
(don't tell me lol)
Yeah, this paint scheme was originally intended for your decals. Notice I left room across the hood, but there wasn't enough silver on the door to do anything. I kinda messed that up, the flames were supposed to extend back past the rear wheel well, leaving most my door silver, but I somehow lost touch with that. On top of that I couldn't find 3 different sets of number decals, so I knew when not to push my luck, and just save the decals for the next project. :lol:

Don't worry, I still gots plans for them decals. :-)
crazydave's Gallery
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Man, I almost misssed this. Sweet job, that sits perfectly. I know how hard it is to get the ass of the car just in the right place where you can carve out the wheel well and not change the exterior appearance but get enough clearance for free spinning with good tires. I think that was a run-on sentence.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:I think that was a run-on sentence.
Watch it man, I'll rub off on ya. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery