MotorWorks? Drag Truck

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
ChaosCauser

MotorWorks™ Drag Truck

Post by ChaosCauser »

My customized MotorWorks™ drag truck. Enjoy!

So, do you guys like it?
"If you love your job, you will never work a single day in your life."-Confucius
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Yea, I wanna see more of that body - looks cool man.
Welcome to the hood.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

CaboWabo wrote:Yea, I wanna see more of that body
Hell, I wanna see more of that sofa, or bedspread, or whatever that is...

Seriously though, that looks pretty cool. I think you could have thought about that motor a little more... it looks like it's just kinda stuck on there. And the wheelie bar also looks a little huge...

Having said that, it looks like you put a lot of time and thought into that paint job, which is why the other stuff stands out a bit.

Welcome aboard man... you're off to a good start.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Welcome man!

I am with hue on this one the motor does just look slapped on. The wheelie bar is a cool idea looks like you used the wheels off a finger skateboard good idea!

The paint job does look good nice Work! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
ChaosCauser

Post by ChaosCauser »

steelwoolghandi wrote:Welcome man!

I am with hue on this one the motor does just look slapped on. The wheelie bar is a cool idea looks like you used the wheels off a finger skateboard good idea!

The paint job does look good nice Work! :-o
Sorry to disappoint, but the paintjob is stock...
"If you love your job, you will never work a single day in your life."-Confucius
ChaosCauser

Drag Truck Update, 6/26/05

Post by ChaosCauser »

A Few things have changed on the truck, as of late.

The first thing to go, the oversized wheelie bar. Why did it have to go, you ask? Because it made the truck look like one of those stupid-looking Muscle Machine die-cast toys.

Secondly, the last piece to go was the stock MotorWorks™ rear axle.
I put in a ZipZaps™ turbo axle with wheel extenders from the ZipZaps "Axle Upgrade Kit" & two different sets of slicks in favor of the original & MORE SLOW original rear axle.

And I tell you, man, does this puppy ever fly! It's so fast it can ALMOST keep up with my 1:16th scale electric Chevy 454 dragster, The Chevinator, that does somewhere between 16-30 MPH.

And finally, my last mod to this pup is to make it wheelstand the entire drag strip(3-4 pieces of straight-away track from an old NASCAR slotcar set) length. Because I tried it once before and the weight was too heavy, all the truck did was flip itself over or spin in circles. Any suggestions on how to get it to wheelie SUCCESSFULLY?
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

No disappointment here.... just creative criticism.... :)
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
ChaosCauser

Post by ChaosCauser »

hue35 wrote:
CaboWabo wrote:Yea, I wanna see more of that body
Hell, I wanna see more of that sofa, or bedspread, or whatever that is...
That is actually the table cloth on the table here in my house's dining room. Yes, that's right, my computer is set up in the dining room.
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: Drag Truck Update, 6/26/05

Post by crazydave »

ChaosCauser wrote:
And I tell you, man, does this puppy ever fly! It's so fast it can ALMOST keep up with my 1:16th scale electric Chevy 454 dragster, The Chevinator, that does somewhere between 16-30 MPH.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So let me get this straight, you stuck the red gear in there and it almost keeps up with a car that does 30mph?

That's freakin' amazing. Wow. :shock:
Cool. :good:

Do you have any idea how fast 30 mph is? :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"