SupraFly

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

happy

Post by SHAUN »

happy b-day superfly hope you have a good b-day :drinkin:
1000+ post of BS.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

SHAUN, im trying to keep cool, but please dont post the same thing in 2 or more threads, for example your post here and the one in Superflys RX-7 Thread are the same word for word :?
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
sessiz
bitPimp

Re: happy

Post by sessiz »

SHAUN wrote:happy b-day superfly hope you have a good b-day :drinkin:
Wat he sed. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

I think I came in my pants when I saw this. Smooth and sweet as hell!!!

Hey Super, I got a question. I just got the Tester's "Sure Thing" decal maker. My printer is shit-hot (ink jet), but my decals are coming out faded. I'm using Testor's clear background decal paper. The decals look sweet on the sheet, but they are much lighter/more dull/see through/transparent by the time they get on the car. The car is a dark purple/blue (the 86 I just did). I can't even see some on the car and I'm using all different kinds of color.

Am I dunking too long? Should I use white background paper? Should I use more decal bonder?
?!?!I'm perplexed?!?! :???:

Oh, and uh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :cool:
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

That turned out great SF, orange and white looks great on there. :-o
Happy B-day too! :lol:
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

HACHI-RYOKU wrote:I think I came in my pants when I saw this. Smooth and sweet as hell!!!

Hey Super, I got a question. I just got the Tester's "Sure Thing" decal maker. My printer is shit-hot (ink jet), but my decals are coming out faded. I'm using Testor's clear background decal paper. The decals look sweet on the sheet, but they are much lighter/more dull/see through/transparent by the time they get on the car. The car is a dark purple/blue (the 86 I just did). I can't even see some on the car and I'm using all different kinds of color.

Am I dunking too long? Should I use white background paper? Should I use more decal bonder?
?!?!I'm perplexed?!?! :???:

Oh, and uh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :cool:
The decals you're making are probably fine, it's the color of the car that's the problem. :-) The only thing the bonder is doing is sealing the ink, since it's water-soluable and you have to dunk it in water.

When you print on a transparent decal paper, there is no "white" for the colors you're printing to stand out from. Inkjet ink is transparent, so when you put a homebrew inkjet decal on a dark colored car, it's kind of like the photoshop layering mode called "multiply". What you need is either a two-layer decal with the botttom layer being white decal paper, a light-colored car (like white or yellow), or some commercially-produced decals where the "white" part is printed.

If you have some junky scrap shell that is a light color (white or yellow), you can test your current decals and see how they really look.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

I have Tester's white background paper. Is this the two layer decal you're talking about or is certain decal paper specifically called 2 layer paper.

2 layer??? Sorry, not sure what that is. Are you refering to the paper?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Actually the two-layer thing is a technique I sorta invented. It really only works with fairly simple shapes, unless you are a master surgeon with an X-acto.

I'll throw up an illustration of what I'm talking about later when I have time, but basically cutting your background shape (let's say a rectangle) out of the white decal paper and applying it to the car. Then place your color decal on the transparent paper right on top of it. This process basically allows you to have a white shape with a black or colored outline or background, without having to trim right to the edge of the art, which won't work (water-soluable problem I describe above). I realize this is a confusing thing to describe with words, so if you don't get what I'm saying I'll make you a little sketch.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

I think I get it. I'll try it and let you know.

I didn't think these decals would be such a pain. Still worth the effort though.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Yep, total pain. And expensive! I usually get one good sheet of decals out of 4 or so attempts. Honestly, I find my best decals end up being simple black on clear, which will work on all but the darkest colors.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

SuperFly wrote: simple black on clear, which will work on all but the darkest colors.
Blacks proper name is Afro -American Decals.

And clear is cythruya – Americano Decals.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

steelwoolghandi wrote:
SuperFly wrote: simple black on clear, which will work on all but the darkest colors.
Blacks proper name is Afro -American Decals.

And clear is cythruya – Americano Decals.
That joke is about as good as a tuna sandwich outta a vending machine, cept the tuna sandwich is made with miraclewhip. :lol:
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Why do they have to be american? :???:
Can't they be Afro-Guyanese ? :lol:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

well i just make good ol' koori decals down here :)
i used to be cool