Flamed 57 (Flossin da new decals)

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Flamed 57 (Flossin da new decals)

Post by crazydave »

Nothing too exciting, just showing off some of my new decals, that I couldn't wait to experiment with. :-D

I got my new batch of decals, from radicaldecals.com on Friday, and they looked better than anticipated. I couldn't wait to try them. So I got to work right away, so I could clear coat before bed. Didn't have the time to snap a pic until now. :lol:

They came out great. When I saw these flames on the website, I thought they looked ok, but when I saw them in person, I realized they are the same style I always try to copy. They look even better on the car too. :-o

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh wow CD, that car looks so friggin nice with those, and if you didn't say otherwise, I would definitely be complimenting you on your new technique. Either way, wow! Course as far as the ride goes tho, that puppy needs different rims IMO to become 100%, but when/if it does, just perfect how those flames are placed on the car.

Oh yeah, what does it say under the flames? Any chance of a closeup?

:edit: where is that track from?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

OK, I'm jealous now. You can stop modding. :lol:

:-o :-o :-o
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

Now that looks slick, reminds me of Tony Christian's pro-stock '57. Those decals match the car perfectly. Just needs some drag racing style rims on it.

@ Finks the decal sponsors are Crane Cams and Hurst Shifters at the bottom, and an Edelbrock above the flames.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The "track" is 8 1/2" x 11", and is paper. :lol:
Something I devised just for taking pictures. I thought it might look more like a real car if it had yellow lines reflecting off it. I like to bend the "road" up into the background because I think it gives it a cool sur-realistic, cartoonish effect.

Here's the pic before it got resized, its perfectly clear.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... esfull.jpg

I think the wheels fit in the "good enough"/functional category. This is my basher car that I race with my kid. I got a custom coming up with one of these bodies and some cool wheels. :-o
crazydave's Gallery
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Those are awesome dave... That whole style is great.

What happened with the decal on the door? It looks like it didn't sink into the crease very well...

I give you this-----> :-o

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

crazydave wrote:This is my basher car that I race with my kid.
Holy shit that is a basher? Holy shit ...
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

CD that is just sweet I like what you did what that Chevy Body! Looks like someone bougth there decals from the same guys as I! :-o

I like the detail work to like the emblem on the fender nice touch!
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

payaso wrote:What happened with the decal on the door? It looks like it didn't sink into the crease very well...
yeah, it didn't on the passenger side. One of the things that more obvious in a pic 3x the size of the car, but I've still been debating running an exacto through the door lines.
arfin wrote:Holy shit that is a basher? Holy shit ...
Well... That is to say it is the one that gets used lately, and the heavy body is good for knocking my kid's car around. :-o
steelwoolghandi wrote:CD that is just sweet I like what you did what that Chevy Body! Looks like someone bougth there decals from the same guys as I!

I like the detail work to like the emblem on the fender nice touch!
Yeah, we were just talking about those Alky Hauler decals, and then they arrived. :lol:
Those gasser decals are sooo cool. I can't wait to use those, but I'm not gonna screw around with those.

I had to redo all the trim on the driver's side too. The clear coat seemed to lighten it.
crazydave's Gallery
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

arfin wrote:Holy shit that is a basher? Holy shit ...
you always hurt the ones you love :-)
i used to be cool
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

That looks sweet... I've got my black Chevy sittin' on the same chassis right now. I like the way the ThunderCharger wheels look with that body, all tucked in (in the back) & stuff... I want to paint one of those bodies soon.

You kinda have the mini version of this, now...
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Hell yeah, hue. Wish I saw that car before. I need to find another die cast with some nice velocity stacks to stick out my hood. :???:
crazydave's Gallery
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

sweet hot rodin' 8-)