Im back, biatches!

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

stampede_dude wrote:son, i would school you.
Ummm... no. That would require DRIVING SKILLS... not investment.

I've been tweaking low-budget rides and doggin' "superior, faster, more expensive" rides since the early '80s... Probly longer than you've been alive.

Yeah, that Stampede would win a drag race... but, throw in some turns, and I'd own it.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

ive been running a stampede for around 2 years, one i actually did race a little with racing tires and i did fairly well. stampedes conrner well if you dont go crazy and get some m2ks or pullers...i am probably going to get some regular old mashers...and why havent you posted any full pics of your truck?you skeered? :-)
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

I aint never scared...

Well, OK, I would be if you showed up to race right now lol... My esc is fried and I don't plan on replacing it for a while yet... and when I do, I'm thinking about doing a bunch of custom chassis work and making a micro monster out of it...

Anyways, here's a pic...

It was a kit Rustler I bought back when they first came out in like '95-'96 or so... I run it with a Futaba Magnum Sport from that era, too... I had the Traxxas esc with just forward and brake in it and a Trinity Speedworks 17 turn motor... It was wicked fast until it fried out. When they repaved the alley behind my dads(my old off-road spot lol) I put the Speed Hawgs on it and it would blow them off of the rims(all 4 at once, too lol) cornering until I finally got around to gluing them.

I have too much micro ambition to mess with it right now, so it's just sitting in my closet, waiting for me to get to it.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

ill give you $2 for it :) lol j/k it looks nice for the ERA it came from...was the speedworks an early version of the speed gems pro? if you still wanted to do some light bashing around with it you can pick up some used stuff very cheap if you get lucky... :wobble:
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Ummm... They still make Rustlers. The only difference between mine and a newer one is that I got mine before they started putting slipper clutches on them, and the earlier ones are a little beefier(a lil heavier, too lol)... and parts are easy to get still... new stuff STILL comes out occasionally for 'em... Oh, and mine was a kit... do they still have kits? Or is it all RTR now? Dude up the street from me has a RTR 'Pede and the Traxxas radio seems a bit on the cheesy side... Glad I got to pick my own radio lol...

The body on mine is a vintage Andys RC Toyota SR5, from like '89 or so... back before any companies were selling stadium trucks... We used to have to convert buggies ourselves. I used to run it on my TRX-10(look in the timeline on the Traxxas site if you want to know about that one... like around '87 or so lol)

And "light bashing"? You're kidding me, right? If looking for and charging full speed at the biggest gaps I can find is "light bashing"... then, yeah. I will get right back to "light bashing" when I get it going again lol... You are kidding... right? Seriously... This thing has taken some serious abuse and the only thing I ever broke was a tie-rod.

Yeah, Speedworks was an earlier line of Trinity race motors... they were Joel Johnsons signature motors back in the late '80s-early '90s. Ran like a charm...
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

i meant the motor...they have made the rustys and pedes for a long time...they quit making kits(dumb mofos)and thats why mine was bought used. i had a new one at one point but i sold it,then this one pulled in. mine has a no slip clutch, but a slipper should be here monday...i hate to open these transmissions...what you said was right...i dont do light bashing either but this truck hasnt seen much frome me, im waiting on some money for some normal sized dubs... :???: