i think i'm coming down with a bad case of pimp!

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Bring that shit... I'm a wreckin' machine. :grin:
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Well, I just puched out my monitor I'm so ready. Can we not do the steal cage though? What if we just made a make shift cage out of like broken plastic hangers or something?

I'm ready you son o biatch.... That hurt my throat..lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

what next? you gona put staples on your bits for suspension?
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

hogjowlz wrote:what next? you gona put staples on your bits for suspension?

LMAO..... Umm, yeah. Actually I use 1 ton springs from a 72 Chevy

I'll put up vids of this car with the fattest wheels out there, and people will cry. I'm kick ass to the maximum....lol

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
micromatch
bitGangsta'

Post by micromatch »

is it just me oris the rear left rim (gear side) stick out mor than the other with pullbacks? minedoes andit pisses me off
is this thing on?
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

micromatch wrote:is it just me oris the rear left rim (gear side) stick out mor than the other with pullbacks? minedoes andit pisses me off

Yes it does....... (gear is thicker than wheel nub) But the important thing is that when you install them, you should sand down the gear so it matches the nub on the wheel opposite drive wheel.

My first attempt went like this, but now they're as even as it gets.

Bird
bitPimp

Re: i think i'm coming down with a bad case of pimp!

Post by Bird »

betty.k wrote:hanging around here is starting to rub off on me! it's kinda weird really, i never tried to make slick street or track bits really, i just took em straight outside! :-D
I vote that betty.k's ride here is the prize in the wrasslin' match... I also think you guys should be dressed as little bear cubs, too. Do I hear Pay Per View?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

hogjowlz wrote:what next? you gona put staples on your bits for suspension?
that mod is the bomb you pencil lead using punk lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Re: i think i'm coming down with a bad case of pimp!

Post by payaso »

Bird wrote:[I also think you guys should be dressed as little bear cubs, too.
Fuckin A, fuck yes we will.....lol Grrr

ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

fucken hell! 3 pages in 6 hours, dem' be some pretty pasionate pimps about in this thread.....

Like your work betty! I would still do springs in the front to tweak that turning circle.

As for the pullbacks .vs other treads argument I think it comes down to how well the mod is done. If your rear wheels don't sit flat this 'causes all sorts of issues. Hue is right though, the fronts do cut into the driving surface causing spinouts and really sharp turns.

Maybee what you pimps need to look at is the fact that pullbacks are for tight courses where top speed is low. Ie: I've found my pullbacks with a 1.6/1.6/2.2(max!) handle better than the normal wheels. But if you increase the speed (> 3.0) then yeah, I think the original wheels are fine....

ph2t.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

wow, really?
I find almost the exact opposite.
so by what you're saying - how do bettyk's handle? I mean we've seen it drive on dirt and concrete with wider tires than stock. does he spin out like you say pullbacks do?

when I'm driving super fast bits w/ pullbacks, I'm usually on some sort of concrete surface of varying surface grits. the surface does effect the handling, but I just never experienced such bad results with them as you guys are claiming.

most of my videos are of cars with pullbacks on them.
you can see them drive on many different surfaces, mostly at high speeds.
granted some of the videos show a spin out here and there, but not much.

matter of fact, the last video payaso and myself shot "ghetto goo" was of an SE on alloys and pullback tires as well - on more different surfaces, tiles to concrete.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

my observations are soley based on my floorboards at home. Also, all of betty's off roaders have front tyre that are half the width of what they were originaly, ie: he's cut half the tread of the lego wheels.....

I think the main point then here is that all our driving surfaces are different, and also everyone is making huge assumptions on everyone's driving styles, I think this accounts for a lot....

ph2t.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

agreed, I refer back to my original first input lol
CaboWabo wrote:I'm guessing driving style is going to play into effect here like always.
and add surfaces to that

overall though, I gotta think for the most part - tires perform like they're supposed to.
we get treads for traction on surfaces that dont offer much to grab on to. we use slicks for flat smooth surfaces so theres more tire to grab on to that surface.
that's pretty much the rule at all speeds no matter if you're driving a mudder or a dragster a dodge neon or a bit. thin tires, thick tires, etc.

obviously there's a shitload more that plays into whether or not you get good traction.... driving, speeds, chassis, weight distribution, etc., etc.

*Disclaimer: these are just my own opinions and in no way shape or form reflect the views of other users and is in no way a taunt or discredit to any other input or opions expressed here in this thread.
we now return you to your regular programming :lol:

edit: I wrote all that shit and really all I wanted to get out was: "I think if you've chosen the right tire for the surface and how you like to drive - if you're still spinning out - it's probably not the tires fault"
Last edited by CaboWabo on Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

For me pullbacks are a tad too sticky, and every once in a while the front don't center, but on my glossy tile floor they stick like glue. When I was doing uphill test with my ZZ SE, I was using pullbacks on glass, and they were stuck. Stuck to the point where I burned out that car from it being stuck in place when I increased the angle too much.

Which BTW, I should have mentioned before elsewhere, if you do CyborgZero's voltage bypass mod on your SE, don't hold the wheels in place, mine got hot and overheated.

At any rate, I don't know if pullbacks are ideal, but they sure are sticky.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

ph2t wrote:I think the main point then here is that all our driving surfaces are different, and also everyone is making huge assumptions on everyone's driving styles, I think this accounts for a lot....

ph2t.
True... for example, my driving style would crush Payaso's driving "style"