Q-steer -- High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Buggy

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Q-steer -- High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Buggy

Post by frizzen »

So the army of Frizzenia has accepted the "High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Buggy" which the troops are taking to calling a "HumBug".

They feature high floatation bead-locked tires which are run flat. The angular body reduces reflections and lowers radar profile. Due to the light weight, it was decided winches on every buggy would be not be needed.

Most of the standing army is snow camo, and the new pattern is more of a pixilated style than what was used elsewhere in the fleet.

Soon we should have available a version with a rear mounted machinegun, but due to the decision to arm everyone in the country, provisioning is taking longer than expected.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
ynad
bitNinja

Re: Q-steer -- High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Buggy

Post by ynad »

Pretty official
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I love it, it's a little odd seeing a buggy that's as big as a tank, but what the hell? difficult times call for extreme measures.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Don't tell me you never wanted your own dune-buggy sized light tank... :wink: Ya damn liar. Come on, it would own!

I dunno, i picked up a second Boomerang since they over-glued the body on my first, and wanted to try something different with the body that cracked a sidemount. Also planning a Q-steer / ZZ Herbie - Baja bug. Seeing pics of the Chenowth Light Strike Vehicle was to blame for inspiration, even though this really looks nothing like it, if they had any body on it, it could, maybe.

The primer and tamiya flat white aren't appearing to affect IR reception at all. My primer is more brown than I hoped so, muddy snow. Yes, I know it's summer, yes I know snowcamo stands out like a sore thumb on everything not snow. Does it look snow camo, or just 'you spilled paint and didn't clean it up in time'?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

frizzen wrote:Don't tell me you never wanted your own dune-buggy sized light tank... :wink: Ya damn liar. Come on, it would own!
Actually I'd rather have a tank sized buggy. :-o

The snow camo looks good, I might have gone with a bit more brown because in Ohio "snow" is usually just cold mud, but I've heard that in some places it's white. :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand