Newest 1/64 offroad.

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Newest 1/64 offroad.

Post by ibjamn »

I call it the Nano-T.

Info;
Cars gen. ZipZap, modded body is from The Hulk ZZMT(window stickers from a spare Micro-T shell, music string suspension mods, Zipzap wheel wideners with hubs that were sanded flat, tires from Micro Terrains Hotshot

Next to my Micro-T that has the DT tires and rims.

The things that I wanted to squeeze into this little bugger, and will continue to try to work out the bugs on, are actual shocks all around, tri cell, a rear diff.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Newest 1/64 offroad.

Post by sidewinder »

That kicks ass ; really cool. :-o I wanna see the rear diff, I remember someone made one but I can't find it.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

A ZZ-based stadium truck? SWEET!!!!!!

That's so fucking awesome! Front suspension is basically a swaybar? Detail pics on the hub carriers? What are your metal pins from?

Thanks for not trying to sneak into the contest late, and see if they'd let it slide. :wink:
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

fucken brilliant!! :eek:
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

No shit! :-o
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Fantastic! :cool: I think we need a video :???:

STG
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Thanks for the comments. :-o

This project goes against everything I normally do. I always strive for more realism, and this was a challenge to stop that mindset.
The one thing I hate on this thing is the color of the body. It looks great if it has a metalic silver as a base coat, and in the sun. But I ran out of the silver, and the DupliColor primer is darker.

As far as the rear diff, I couldn't get it right for my liking.
Here's the tut thread; http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... =50&t=8152
Clint used glue on the axle, and I was trying to burr the rods so that I didn't have to worry about the glue, and I tried using brass sleeves. I destroyed several axles and stock gears and a few rear ends of some chassis before I decided to wait on that part. It really stressed me out. But, at least I have plenty of older Zips to hack up. 8-)

The front suspension is designed a lot like my Offroad SE (http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... 3&start=15), just longer arms, steering links are from behind the c-hubs, and the steering components are different of course. The "upper arms" are just one piece of guitar string that double as the resistance for the suspension travel. pushing up on one side has no effect on the other because of the bends in the center of the string is sandwiched between pieces of abs plastic fused together with Bondene. The hinge pins are just cut down needles I got from a craft store, they are also used for the acting "tie rods".

Something that I have to work on before any video is the return to center spring isn't returning the steering after turning right. It gets hung up on something. If you look at the front end, you'll see the screw with the plastic mounted horizonally. That holds the original return spring that I bent the tips at an angle since it sits at a 90 degree angle from before.

But, a video will be taken after a few things get added. Just wait til you see the shocks..... :shock:
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

I am yet to see something from you ibjamn that I don't love and want. This one especially. I think I might have to take a stab at one since none of us are really the kind to pay for a built one (but if you do have a spare... :roll: ) lol. If you could post up a shot or video of the steering set up or in action, that would help me out a lot. Really fantastic work.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Well thanks. :grin:

I'll give more info once I get the steering to act right. Besides, I really should do a tut or break down on how to do the suspension...... I said I would for a couple of the newer guys a while back, and I have yet to do so. Just bare with me on it, I've got alot going on for the next few weeks.... :-?
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

yep he did. he promised he would and he better keep it hahaha :lol:
but really did you have to go and do this? your making my talents seem week and poor. it hurts :cry:
its awesome keep it up
hello world! Prepare for the gayness
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

no matter how you slice it, that's just awesome.
leftcoastminis
bitHood

Post by leftcoastminis »

thats awesome man :eek:
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

i may have to make me 1, or just finished the one i started years ago (ill try to find pics of that, their floating around somewhere) my mom bought me 7 of them cheapy ones they had for 3 bucks a piece at menards on black friday. decent platforms and parts to work from.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Yep, definately gotta build one of them. That absolutely dominates!

Body mount? What's the rear axle made out of?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

looks like a straight axel from a terrain titan or somethin