I always wanted to own a Racing Team

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
frizzen
bitDisciple

I always wanted to own a Racing Team

Post by frizzen »

I always liked stuff that could haul stuff. I always liked the looks of a matched racer and tow-rig. And really wanted something to pull my trailer which can hold a q-steer buggy.

I suddenly had a spare decal set, and the truck was already black... Just had to fabricate the Hitch mount to put the pull-off hitch on a ZZ Camero chassis. Not sure if I'm happy with the decal locations yet, but it's a start.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
reaper
bitHood

Re: I always wanted to own a Racing Team

Post by reaper »

dude!!!! that is frickin sweet

how well does she pull the weight ?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Yep, that's cool. :-o I think it needs a tool box or tire rack on the front of the trailer though. :grin:

BTW, if you hit the Mega Millions or the Powerball I think I can help you arrange something on a larger scale. I mean you are within driving distance of Gas City I-69 Speedway or even Indianapolis Raceway Park (if you like pavement). :mrgreen:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Truck pulls the loaded trailer suprisingly well. I don't remember if I already did the resistor delete on this chassis, if so it's stock other than that. On some surfaces, spins tires until it gets rolling nicely I'm thinking it'll probably get stickier tires, or punch it out to "dually" with the wide tire spacers. Little too fast to practice backing up a trailer. Avoid bumps and load it with some tongue weight.

Funny sidewinder, nasphere made the same suggestion. What do you think? Tongue box, front of trailer, or elevated? Got any pics?

Box-stock Maisto trailer, cut the hitch off the tow vehicle, 5 pieces of 0.040" styrene, and a splash of CA.
---
Hey frizzen your fruck is tucking ugly! Was your graphics shop blind?

Yes, quite. They've been sacked. New graphics shop, let's try this again.

-
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Piture of a trailer? Sounded so easy... I looked through about 2000 photos from the track, and it quickly dawned on me that I never took a picture of a car on the trailer. :???: I found this in the back ground:

and one with the end of the trailer in the shot:

But the rest are enclosed trailers:

...I know I have to have something??? Damn it, I have to :x I just have to figure out where.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Dude, that trailer! woah!
What's goin' on, i mean did you make it Frizzen?

I must know details. :???:
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Maisto makes it. Can't remember if mine was from Target, Mejer, or Walmart. Mine had a VW Karmann Ghia on the trailer, and some ugly GM thing to pull it. I wish it had cooler rims than the goofy chrome ones, but if that's my biggest complaint... I probably need to grab another one if I see them again.

They put the cars together with screws so it's easy to tear open the tow car to chop off the hitch. Little styrene, little CA, and you've got a tow-rig!

Yes I do realize I'm operating without safety chains, but I've got pics of taillights and a license plate on it.
-
Sidewinder, make with the pics before the weather gets nice and I want to go play outside.
-
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Well, good eye for snaggin' that.
Damn, is that like about perfect in scale or what!
What's Mejer, it that like Walgreens here on Westcoast?
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
frizzen
bitDisciple

hey, you keep weird hours too

Post by frizzen »

Thanks for the feedback! When I hit the Toy section, I always think with the Bit/Zip dimentions to see if they have anything cool like this. I think it looks great and really like it.

It's a department store, I think it's like a Fred Meijer out there. Maybe check out a ToysRUs too.

Maisto also makes some Towtrucks that work for ZZ size stuff, but I haven't converted one yet.
-