A restoration of sorts...

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

A restoration of sorts...

Post by PimpFloyd »

Recently, I received a small boodle of bit bodies along with some other odds and ends from an R7R purchase. A majority of the bodies were zipzap fast and furious bods. Much to my delight, one of the bodies was the silver and blue Skyline - a real classic! :-)

Luckily, I received a few classic ZipZap chassis's from Dark Tari as prize winnings for the Halloween Bit Bash (thanks again to DT for the GREAT prizes and for arranging the contest)

After a battery swap, I still couldn't get a rise out of the chassis I selected with any of my 27 meg TX's so I did a board swap with a Menards 3.99 "horrible clone" - at least the batteries and RX's are good on these.

All that being said the little Skyline drives like a dream and I'm quickly becoming a fan of the older zip chassis's - some high quality stuff and the front ends track and snap on the turns.
I'm sorta feeling some bit projects of the car variety at the moment and really enjoyed this mini-project so I'm looking forward to a few more and waiting patiently for the Spring Bit Build-Off!

Just what BitPimps needs - another Skyline! :-)

Enjoy!
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: A restoration of sorts...

Post by sidewinder »

Looks good, and I love the diorama, but watch out, the little ones can become addictive.I had originally intended to post couple of questions here and then disappear...but then the bug bites you and you end up with more matchbox size toys than an orphanage.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

matchbox size toys than an orphanage
LOL! Roger that! ;-)
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Nice Skyline, it looks good on the Bit rims.

I like the tire store diorama too, so far I hadn't come up with a project that needed tires that was the right scale. What's the deal on the Shelby Cobra in the background?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

PimpFloyd wrote:
matchbox size toys than an orphanage
LOL! Roger that! ;-)
i'd roger that too. hoaghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!one!!!
i used to be cool
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Thanks Frizz!

I'm diggin the little GT-R for now but may look for another body for a more scale build - check out the front wheel wells on this one! LOL!

The Cobra in the back ground is a 1/32nd scale Revell snap-tite body that, for a while, found its way on top of an old school MRRC brass clubman slot car chassis - I've been into slots all my life but that all seemed to change not too long ago when I decided it might be cool to be able to steer my models. :? :P

I removed it because I was throwing around the idea of a custom RC build - I want an RC Cobra in 1/28th scale or below if possible. I guess there was a Mini-Z Cobra at one time - maybe in the MR-01 days but I have yet to see one on eBay or otherwise.

PF

EDIT - My life is often subject to the gods of irony - this just appeared on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/KYOSHO-MINI-Z-RC-SH ... 51908c63c2

What a beauty!!! Too expensive even for a Cobra freak like me and I already have a Cobra Daytona Mini-Z on the way - Sheesh!
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Gotta love the Cobra :-o I am was just looking at this http://cgi.ebay.com/GMP-1-12-SHELBY-COB ... 2305663cec But I'm bguessing it's going to go for around $600. :-(
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Some of that museum quality scale model stuff is mind boggling - but you're right, it's not cheap! :smile: