My pimpin' Big Lots Thunder Charger

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

My pimpin' Big Lots Thunder Charger

Post by Ahh5hit »

I added the Laymans tri cell, painted it Kameleon color, removed the molded spoiler, and installed a Zip spoiler. Might add exhaust and custom wheels.

sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Looks good ahh5hit. I don't like the light pod up front though, you should do something about that. :???:
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

Yeah, for $5 a pop, I will go back for a few more and maybe do one without the lights. Someone else mentioned how it would look just like a Lumina stock car if I shave the lights. I see a Dale Earnhardt Lumina in the works!

I really just did this one for kicks. It took me all but an hour or so to do it.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

looks good mang, fin looks better too
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

hummm about that light pod *cough smt led's
if you post it... i've probably seen it...
-^-_-^
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

That paint is nice and shiney good job, u should of made it a rally car it would of suited it more.
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

brendan123 wrote:That paint is nice and shiney good job, u should of made it a rally car it would of suited it more.
That was my intentions, but I didn't have any plain colors paint laying around. All I had was this and some sapphire. I really just did this for kicks, and to test out the 3 step process for applying the Kameleon color on a cheap clone. At $5, I will be doing more mods on these things and experimenting.
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

is this type of car eligable for the clone contest? if so, enter it, it looks good.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

well it does have a zipzap part on it. other than the spoiler yes.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That looks nice. I didn't really think the stock TC body would look that nice painted.

I tried to paint one of mine, but it literally repelled the paint. The paint just beaded up and ran off. Did you have any kind of problems like that?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

It seems like when i tried to paint mine the plastic repelled it too....... Maybe its just becaues the plastic is so cheap, and fragile?
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

I had the same problem with my 1:12 truck. I just sanded the hell out of it and it took no problem
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I've always thought the lights on that body needed to be converted into some kind of weapons system.
:ak: :ak: :ak:
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

crazydave wrote:I tried to paint one of mine, but it literally repelled the paint. The paint just beaded up and ran off. Did you have any kind of problems like that?
No problems at all. I just cleaned up all the sticker residue with mineral spirits, lightly sanded the body, cleaned again with mineral spirits, and then painted.

It actually went on a lot smoother than any other paint job I've done on any kind of body.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

crazydave wrote:.
I tried to paint one of mine, but it literally repelled the paint. The paint just beaded up and ran off. Did you have any kind of problems like that?

It seems like when i tried to paint mine the plastic repelled it too....... Maybe its just becaues the plastic is so cheap, and fragile?
I take it U guys don't use a primer !!!!