I hope this isn't a disappointment...

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

I hope this isn't a disappointment...

Post by crazydave »

Everyone loved my flames and graphics so much, I feel obligated to keep producing them, and keep trying to one up myself, but sometimes I like a car to be a solid color. I never bother showing you guys these cars, because I'm afraid after my other paint jobs you guy's would be unexcited about them.

Well I found this brand new can of paint behind the washer, left over from when I painted a guitar over a year ago. It was the exact color I wanted my 911 to be, but I just couldn't picture it with any kind of graphics. So it's just a solid color.

I love it, and wanted to show it off, but didn't want to bore you guys with it. I sat on this for 2 days, before I decided, screw it, everyone else can post their single color paint jobs.

So here it is, hope I haven't let you guys down. ;)

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

for once i feel my paint jobs are up to par with yours(until i see your other cars)
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Great Color Dave, My best friend (who's name is also Dave) just sold his Porsche that is almost the same color (BMW M3 Blue)

VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Nothing wrong with solid colours.

Simple and strait to the point I like it. You picked a good body for that colour aswell.
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah DT, that's actually closer to the color I wanted, but mine's close enough. It's a Chevy color, Bahama Blue, GM color T401. 'T' means it's a truck color. That car is closer to GM color 2728, Lake Placid Blue, my favorite Fender guitar color. Plasti-Cote makes GM color 2708, that is practically the same color.

I wish I could take a clearer pic so you guys could see the detail in the Porshe hood emblem. I painted it gold, with a dab of black and red, and from a slight distance looks as good as the one painted over.

Thanks VDM. :grin:
crazydave's Gallery
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Dude, no reason to feel shame about a solid color car! I love it. I actually prefer them. I think a lot of people say great stuff about about the flames and scallops because it's difficult and they just want to give you props for your incredible technique. Kinda like how I respect Steve Vai's guitar playing, but I prefer Keith Richards.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya all that flashy rice gets old. flames dont tho.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

I'm disappointed. Sure, it's a perfect paint job and all. And, it's appropriate to the car and whatnot... but still, I was hoping to see some kinda sparks or fire or maybe a bunch of stickers.

just kiddin', Dave. It's beautiful! That car should have a simple paintjob, not to mention the one you laid down is perfect. That might be my favorite of your cars.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i think you should have added a bigger spoiler and a bunch of intercooler looking thingies allover the car kinda like this masterpiece: Image
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

That one color paint job is fantastic... That paint lays soooo nice on that car.. Great job.. It looks like it was done in the factory..

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I actually prefer solid colors, excellent as always dave. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

after staring at that all day i think you need to lay another coat of clear in a few days. that candy ass metal flake stuff rules.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

dave, we think a lot alike when it comes to posting up the pics of our work...
I worry about the same, seems after the drop top challenger, I never quite hit the peak like I did there.

but, I'm not letting it sway me, and you shouldn't either.
matter of fact, the only reason in the world I ever posted this:
was to show everyone that it's okay to screw up.
sure I hate it, sure I don't like it, sure it's nowhere near my quality of work, but sure... it happens, sometimes you screw up.
but you know, it wouldn't happen if you didn't try something new.
new is what keeps it hot and fresh.
if you stuck to just flames, eventually people would get bored with those too - no matter how kick ass they look.

I love the ride you put up man, looks great!
I also think it's more a credit to your skills when you try something you normally never would and pull it off.

anyways, all I'm sayin is don't sell yourself short - that goes for all of you pimps!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

payaso wrote: It looks like it was done in the factory..
That is what I strive for, and that is the ultimate compliment, thanks! :grin:

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It's cool you guys can appreciate a solid body color too.

I love the 911 because it has such beautiful body lines, and I wouldn't want to do anything to distract from them.
crazydave's Gallery
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

dave, change the title, I dont think you've ever disappointed me. The porsche looks great. good work.