Ride Of Da Week Comments.......

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
jmays
bitGangsta'

sweet

Post by jmays »

I want it tooo. please give it to me.. :lol:
dabomb_04
bitHood

Ride of da week

Post by dabomb_04 »

HEy guys i have a request. I would like to host the ride of the week on my new website that lacks virtually any content. I have like 65 hits in two weeks. Any way i would really like to make my homepage toight. If you care about this please just tell me not to. of course i won't do anything until i hear from you guys to see what you think. Check out my site and you will see that I am not going to make a profit off of your work. I will credit each "artist" I also have a bitpimps link on my site and would be happy to link to any of your sites. www.cswens.rchomepage.com
thanks
From the owner of the most pimp xmod i've ever seen (check my gallery)
holla back
cdub
jmays
bitGangsta'

rotw

Post by jmays »

I have some questions about the ride of the week.

1st who picks the rides?
2nd wouldn't a ride be more qualified if it was made from scratch rather than being bought?
3rd how should a person feel abought not having his made from scratch ride picked over a bought one?

thanks
jmays
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

1: the picker umm is a pimp
2: all things are taken into consideration
3: a lot of people mod and this honor is not "handed out"

4: begging may reduce chances of being picked?
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Well, the Challenger that hue has probly already shipped off to payaso is the Ride of this Week... deservedly so... I will be heading down to Florida to intercept it at sillas doorstep lol.

Seriously, though, this bit will probly be one of my favorites for some time to come... onr of the cleanest, best executed jobs I have ever seen. Huge props to hue for building such a beauty, and huge playa hatin' on payaso for owning it lol.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Hot damn.... Yup, that som bitch will be in my ole garage soon.

This is truly the first time I've ever won anything in my life. Seriously. (except for the time I won a Coolio mivie on the radio for answering a Grateful Dead Q correctly) Never even picked it up, and not a big Coolio fan, so that shit don't count. Thanks everybody, and thanks hue..

I'm stoked for sure on this one.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Holy shit, ride of the week... sweet. Thanks DT, and thanks for all the nice words, Bird. I couldn't feel better about sendin' this car to Florida, it's gonna love it there... shippin' it tomorrow, Payaso.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

it's lucky for the mods that this ride wasn't an entry! nuff said
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

betty.k wrote:it's lucky for the mods that this ride wasn't an entry! nuff said
Oh yeah?!?

I'm not scared, bring that ol' Dodge on, I'll crush it with my Chevy :cool:

Seriously though, Hue's work is so clean, this car was a huge temptation, as was Betty.K's offroader.

Actually in retrospect, maybe it wasn't so cool winning this contest, because I had the hardest descision to make.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

The choice was well deserved. Congrats Hue.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Seriously though, Hue's work is so clean, this car was a huge temptation, as was Betty.K's offroader.
Couldn't agree more. All of the mods and regulars here do amazing stuff to these little cars, but there is something I really like about how clean and detailed Hue's cars look. It's like he doesn't change the look of the car completely, just makes it better. I have to admit that I am partial to the stock muscle car look. I still go back and check out that challenger pic every once in a while and drool. I also really like that Porsche race car that Hue did a little while back. Again, very clean with great details. Hue, you also do a really nice job with your photography. Hell, you could open up your own little bit photography studio.

I can also really appreciate the originality of Betty.K's offroad bits. Some really cool engineering goes in to the chasis and suspension. In fact, I just was showing a younger cousin his offroad bits yesterday on the web, and the kid went nuts and wanted to know how to get one.

I'd just like to send out some congrats once again to all of you guys and thanks for breaking up the monotony of my work day with some great stuff. :-)
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

crazydave wrote:I'm not scared, bring that ol' Dodge on, I'll crush it with my Chevy :cool:
Hell yeah you would... for the record, when it comes to performance, I'm a Chevy guy all the way. Anyway, you made the right choice in SuperFly's ride.. first off, it's beautiful. But, that thing drives tighter that any Bit I've driven. I got to put a few laps on it, and let's just say I had a hard time not stealing that chassis... or did I :suspect:

Thanks for all the huge props Betty, bilbo and Sdog... reading all that was a great way to start a Monday morning. :grin:
Last edited by hue35 on Mon May 10, 2004 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I'm one of the lucky few (hue, me and soon payaso) that will get to see that car up close. As nice as the photography is, that thing is even nicer in person. I know a ton of attention and love went into that car, and payaso is a lucky man to be the new owner (well, he earned it, so not lucky really). I'm just glad it's done and leaving town so Mr. Obsessive-Compulsive can move on with his life. :eek:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

and one more time for those up the back...... hue :bowdown: !!

now, if we've all finished sucking each other's dicks.........
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

DT :eek: I love I'm your pusher!
I love that ROTW even better.

excellent man - just excellent
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.