Video: Project:Prostocker - Taming Da Beast

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: decals

Post by crazydave »

jmays wrote:hi dave were did you get the decals, i went to slot32 http://www.slot32.de/ they dont have any ho but i did find 1/43 and u could use the smaller ones on the sheet... i love your muscle car it the shit for real, were did you land the rear wheel?

really sweet car crazydave
I got mine off a ebay store called Radical Decals. The ones I got are 1/64th, they also had T-Jet decals which are a slightly smaller scale.

The rear wheels are some german alloys, missing the laser etched pieces. A fellow pimp Havok hooked me up with these when he asked me to mount his other alloys. Thanks Havok. :-)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Dave, I'm sorry man but you're just fucking nutS!

now tri-stack those fets and put wings on it..........

ph2t.
crusty
bitPlaya'

Post by crusty »

ph2t wrote:Dave, I'm sorry man but you're just fucking nutS!

ph2t.
or if you saw dicky roberts he would be nucking futs
lol

Wow that thing is great when that the gets a wheelie bar or sumthin i wanna see some ramping of that bad boy
ImageImageImage
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ph2t wrote:Dave, I'm sorry man but you're just fucking nutS!

ph2t.
:lol: Yep, I'm F'in nuts, can't deny that, but I've seen what you've done with your bits, so I know I'm not alone. ;)

I will be tri-stacking these FETs eventually, but I scraped together my last few FETs for this, so...

I do have a functioning wheeling bar, I'm about ready to detail the body and wrap this one up.
crazydave's Gallery
Dangerous Dave
bitHood

Horror fast Bit

Post by Dangerous Dave »

hiya CD

what became of this li'l monster??

I'm curious, as I've been progressing with my Bit (dualled, X Trex 3.4, FETs) and it's at the wheelie takeoff stage (not as savage as yours...).

Did you flip the PCB to fit the cells in?

Got any more pics incl wheelie bar etc?

I know ths thread is old, but the vid still gets me horny :-D
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: Horror fast Bit

Post by crazydave »

Dangerous Dave wrote:hiya CD

what became of this li'l monster??

I'm curious, as I've been progressing with my Bit (dualled, X Trex 3.4, FETs) and it's at the wheelie takeoff stage (not as savage as yours...).

Did you flip the PCB to fit the cells in?

Got any more pics incl wheelie bar etc?

I know ths thread is old, but the vid still gets me horny :-D
Actually thanks for digging this up. The old comments helped give me encouragement for the current moderator contest.

Project: Prostocker is still allive and presumed kicking. I haven't driven it in over a year now.

Since this I have cracked the chassis in half, after rebuilding it, I repainted it charcoal. Lowered the body at the same time. I found some blue wheels for the wheelie bar, and it has a matching blue CAT5 antenna. The front tab is half broken off, and the thin strip under the tab on the body has broken out. I just glued it back in and didn't bother to touch up the paint, just because I thought Hog would appreciate that. Seeing a few cars with larger motors that may have been potentially as fast as P:PS, I went with a larger Superslicks motor, and the fastest red KITT Racer gears. It actually seems kinda sluggish now compared to before. Don't know if its the gears or the motor. Did those at the same time. Bad idea, but I'm leaving it as is for now because it might turn out to be faster over a 21 foot scale quarter mile.

A sequal has been in the making for well over a year. I discovered it was a fluke that the original worked so well, and I had to to scrap my first try. Right now I'm nearing completion of Project: Prostocker 2.01. I'm building this car with a Thunder Charger motor like the original, and Blue KITT Racer gears. They'e like 4 something:1. I'm building the second car for Hue, and hopefully this Spring I'll be able to fly out to drag with him. We'll see what pans out, big motor/high gear ratio, or small motor/low gear ratio.

Here's pic of the wheelie bar working.

I have a whole album dedicated to this car, with a lot more pics.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... p?album=54
crazydave's Gallery