Video: Project:Prostocker - Taming Da Beast

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Video: Project:Prostocker - Taming Da Beast

Post by crazydave »

Here's a sneak peak of my prostocker project.

Got a pair of Zip Zap SE batteries pumping out over 5.5V in a chassis that combines for a car that's lighter than a dual cell Zip Zap. Throw in some MOSFETs, and the mayhem begins.

This is the only car that I've seen with more than one battery in front of the motor, that will pull a wheelie from a dead stop. So hard in fact, as to slap the rear end on the ground, and launch itself. I need to make a functional wheelie bar.

Seeing is believing, check it:

Project Prostocker: Taming Da Beast
2:55 min. (4mb)
Featuring music by Halo of Flies
Last edited by crazydave on Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

is that car gona move? it seemed to have trouble going on that floor :-)
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

That is one sick -ass machine CD !
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
TMP
bitGangsta'

Post by TMP »

whoa......... whoa......

dave, youve definatly gone overboard this time. That is the single fastest Micro R/C ive ever had the misfortune to see. What i mean by that is, i want ONE! Damn man, i have to suck at soldering. That is one hell of a job youve done on that thing. You need to get a video of that thing topping out....And heres another question, hows it do on the dyno?
The METALLIC Pimp.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

:lol: @ Hog, yeah man, hard to get moving when you're airborn. :cool:

Glad you guys like it, it has far exceeded my expectations.

@TMP, I haven't built a dyno yet, I need a mouse to kill. One of these days.

You will being see more of this, still got to get it dialed in, and do up the body.
crazydave's Gallery
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Great vid.

Love the mexican jumpin' car idea.

What about a small amount of weight in the front plus the wheelie bar to keep it level on the drag strip. Like a truck pull kind of thing maybe.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

I have never seen a Camaro do an ollie before. Awesome car. Great vid. Damn.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

damn man - that thing motors!
awesome vid crazydave.
I loved seeing the thing tip up on a side and drive on 2 wheels.
what a monster.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bird wrote:I have never seen a Camaro do an ollie before. Awesome car. Great vid. Damn.
LOL, yeah, no shit, huh? It didn't occur to me that is like an ollie. Funny.
CaboWabo wrote:I loved seeing the thing tip up on a side and drive on 2 wheels.
I'll tell ya, I loved that too when I was editing, but the more I watch, the more I realize the power loss. I need get the rear end exactly precise if this things gonna stay on the ground. Hog's JB Weld just might be coming into play here.

sg219 wrote:What about a small amount of weight in the front plus the wheelie bar to keep it level on the drag strip. Like a truck pull kind of thing maybe.
Well, if you watch the drags, they always pull the front end up off the line too. The idea is to center the weight around the rear axle, to lay the horse power. You don't need the front wheels off the line if you're pointed in the right direction, and the rear end hooks evenly. (I still need to work on that last part.) If I work some kind of shock absorbtion into the wheelie bar, it should take up some of that impact, and bring the front end down without lifting the rear, in theory, we'll see.
crazydave's Gallery
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

man that thing is ANGRY!!! :eek: it's doing what a real drag car would do! once you got a shock absorbing wheelie bar happening that thing will put indentations in your fridge door!! :shock:
i used to be cool
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Holy shit, crazydave... sickity sick. That thing is as monsterous as it is beautiful... that chassis is the nicest I've seen.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Sonofabitch..... How the hell am I supposed to compete with that? Outstanding job Dave. Now I really gotta pull a rabbit out of my hat.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

amazing dave!!! absolutely stunning!! I can't imgaine what the top speed of that thing would be.... that's like an xmod-beater!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

payaso wrote:Sonofabitch..... How the hell am I supposed to compete with that? Outstanding job Dave. Now I really gotta pull a rabbit out of my hat.

:lol: Sorry man, I got a little carried away. :innocent:
...and it aint even done.

Just do what you do best, you da detail man, and if I've pushed you to do more, then my job is done. 8-)

LOL@ Betty, "ANGRY", I like that, yep, she's pissed alright.

LOL@ Hue, "Sickity Sick", that's a funny one, I like that I've led you to invent new terms. :lol:

Thanks guys :-)
crazydave's Gallery
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

payaso wrote:Sonofabitch..... How the hell am I supposed to compete with that? Outstanding job Dave. Now I really gotta pull a rabbit out of my hat.

You could take 4th place and get a pretty nice prize. I wouldn't be discouraged. 8-)

That thing lives up to it's creator's name: crazy. What gears are you running? A blue KIT racer gear might be the ticket for more top and speed and a slight reduction in torque.