Video: Project:Prostocker - Taming Da Beast

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
micromatch
bitGangsta'

Post by micromatch »

props. watching thaat is like an eyeball exercise

-micro
is this thing on?
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

What words decribe that raw power? HOLY FUCK SHIT comes to mind. CD that's amazing, can't wait to see it finished.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:That thing lives up to it's creator's name: crazy. What gears are you running? A blue KIT racer gear might be the ticket for more top and speed and a slight reduction in torque.
I'm running the stock Thunder Charger gears, which is a 9.86:1 with a 7-tooth pinion. I haven't calculated the exact ratio with the 7-tooth pinion, but I was thinking maybe running a red Zip Zap gear with the 7-tooth pinion, but I am using the stock Thunder Charger motor, so I was going to experiment with motors before I go rebuilding my rear axle.

You know guys, when I was putting the vid together, I thought, "They're gonna crap their pants when they see this.", but now that I'm actually getting your reactions, it's cooler than I thought it would be, thanks.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

well dude its bas as hell. too much power i think haha.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

normally I'd agree that it's too much.
but whatever, that thing tries it's damnedest to hook up. lol
it just instantly jumps like a frickin rabbit - it's great.
I bet if there was some suspension to eat up a bit of that force, it'd be hookin up much better
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Wheelie bar, as in damn you really needs one. Freakin nice dave. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

your fortune is: you will die a terrible death.
your gear ratio is: 8.4488:1.

ratio is easy to figure out;

count the teeth on the gears of the first 'gear down', in your case;
18, 7. divide them to calculate the ratio.
18 / 7 = 2.5714.

do the same with the other 2 gear wheels.

23 / 7 = 3.2857.

multiply these two figures to find the ratio :1

2.5714 x 3.2857 = 8.4488
= 8.4488:1that just refers to revolutions, 1 revolution of the rear wheel = 8.4488 revs of the motor. different wheel diameters make a difference overall to the final speed and torque.

(i know most of you know this little formula already, just schoolin' tha new kids)
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yep Sezziz, it really does need one. It's crazy...

@Cabo, I think you're on to something with the suspension. That's why I designed the chassis with a little bit of front to back flex, maybe I should have left alot more flex. :???:

@Betty.K, Yeah , I was too lazy to count the teeth again, I need to write those down. Otherwise the formula of s/p x s/p easy enough to remember, but thanks for figuring that for me. I hate math. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:
SuperFly wrote:That thing lives up to it's creator's name: crazy. What gears are you running? A blue KIT racer gear might be the ticket for more top and speed and a slight reduction in torque.
I'm running the stock Thunder Charger gears, which is a 9.86:1 with a 7-tooth pinion. I haven't calculated the exact ratio with the 7-tooth pinion, but I was thinking maybe running a red Zip Zap gear with the 7-tooth pinion, but I am using the stock Thunder Charger motor, so I was going to experiment with motors before I go rebuilding my rear axle.

You know guys, when I was putting the vid together, I thought, "They're gonna crap their pants when they see this.", but now that I'm actually getting your reactions, it's cooler than I thought it would be, thanks.
Do you have any KIT racer gears? If you don't, PM me, I'll mail you some. I'd love to see what they do with that much power. The KIT racer gears are in the 4.XX:1 - 3.XX:1 range. I've been running them with mosfetted cars and they're great.
jmays
bitGangsta'

nice

Post by jmays »

I am blown away, i have never seen a car that would leap like that from a dead stop, you are truly talented, and have givin me the incentive to really get my butt in gear. again nice car dave we all love it, dont bring it to any meet cause you my not have it when u leave... lol u might want to get some insurance for theft.

Jeff
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks jmays, I aim to inspire, but I gotta tell you, you're doing some great body work, you've really inspired me to try some body sculpting, but I'm afraid I wont be as good as you, that takes some talent.

Superfly, we'll be talking. :-)
crazydave's Gallery
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

SuperFly wrote:
payaso wrote:Sonofabitch..... How the hell am I supposed to compete with that? Outstanding job Dave. Now I really gotta pull a rabbit out of my hat.

silla :D
You could take 4th place and get a pretty nice prize. I wouldn't be discouraged. 8-)

That thing lives up to it's creator's name: crazy. What gears are you running? A blue KIT racer gear might be the ticket for more top and speed and a slight reduction in torque.

Actually, any placing would be fine with me (prizes are all top shelf), but since Dave has given me a little extra umph, I'd like to shoot for the stars. (thanks dave)

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

but can we count on dave to paint something well??
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I ordered decals. :-D
crazydave's Gallery
jmays
bitGangsta'

decals

Post by jmays »

hi dave were did you get the decals, i went to slot32 http://www.slot32.de/ they dont have any ho but i did find 1/43 and u could use the smaller ones on the sheet... i love your muscle car it the shit for real, were did you land the rear wheel?

really sweet car crazydave