Making the most of my mistakes.

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Making the most of my mistakes.

Post by crazydave »

I had done this once. I ran out of my usual super glue. I tried some Super Glue brand stuff called Future Glue, and it reacted with the gold paint. It looked like the glue was trying to escape. So I sanded it, and repainted. It was better but kinda sloppy looking. I figured good enough, and started to clear coat. Usually lauer lays super smooth on Zip Zap bodies, but every once in a while I have an issue with it gathering, puddling and looking all lumpy. I niticed it's always silver bodies. So anyways I stopped spraying immediately. I sanded the side down with 1000grit sandpaper to levell the bumps, then went over it with 3M rubbing compound. I went over the top to get over spray off too. Once I started sanding, I went to work on the body kit. I went at it for 2 afternoons before it was good enough. Then I re-layed the gold, this time skippinmg the clear coat.

It's slammed on a tab lowered chassis sportin' some Giovanni dubs.

I love my new camera. :smile:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Sweet Merc!! :-) Love the rims! :cool:
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Nicey nice...
BOURBON TIME OUT!
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Dave, we got some kinda psycho connection goin'... I just picked up the DUB city with those wheels a few days ago... like 'em on that mercedes.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hue35 wrote:Dave, we got some kinda psycho connection goin'... I just picked up the DUB city with those wheels a few days ago... like 'em on that mercedes.
:lol: I got these 2 weeks ago when I got my tank, I didn't know what I'd use them for, but I knew I liked them. I considered a TA body, or a Jeep, but I ended up getting the Euro body set just to match this body with those wheels. Glad I did. I love the way the front wheel wells swallow the wheels.
crazydave's Gallery
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

I think they look good, alittle bling bling is always a nice touch
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

man they way thoses photo's are comming out I had to re-check and not make sure hue posted this thread. You're really making leaps and bounds with the camera work! great stuff.

Oh, and yeah, great job on the merc mate! The rubbing compound process is an interesting one. I use a well worn in rag that I have that is gunked up with mostly synthetic based polishing compounds (used to put a presentation level finish on polyurethane based surfaces on new pianos....). This stuff seems to "burnish" the finish and even out decal lines if you get my drift.

such effort can only end up in a beatifull finish!

ph2t.
lose alot
bitThug

Post by lose alot »

nice! i really like rims.
BTW nice camra.

Adam
pope > martin luther
lutherans = devil
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ph2t wrote:man they way thoses photo's are comming out I had to re-check and not make sure hue posted this thread. You're really making leaps and bounds with the camera work! great stuff.
Thanks. :-)
I copy Hue, I guess it shows. :lol:
That's a good thing though. 8-)
Oh, and yeah, great job on the merc mate! The rubbing compound process is an interesting one. I use a well worn in rag that I have that is gunked up with mostly synthetic based polishing compounds (used to put a presentation level finish on polyurethane based surfaces on new pianos....). This stuff seems to "burnish" the finish and even out decal lines if you get my drift.
I've got to to try some different polishing compounds. Rubbing compound is a little too agressive fot bits. It's too easy to rub through the finish on the tiny curves.
crazydave's Gallery
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

break up some pure beezwax in mineral turps and linseed oil......that's a kickarse polishing compound, prolly won't work on plastic though....
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

How's the tires on those wheels? I've been lookin at those for wheel alternatives, but I've bought a few similar cars recently that didn't work as well as I'd hoped. The tires just weren't any good for the road.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

HACHI-RYOKU wrote:How's the tires on those wheels? I've been lookin at those for wheel alternatives, but I've bought a few similar cars recently that didn't work as well as I'd hoped. The tires just weren't any good for the road.
They're standard Zip Zp wheels and tires. I just sanded down the face of the Dub City wheels to fit in the Zip Zap hubs.

Honestly, these didn't work out as well as the other set of Dub City wheels I used on my "Dump'd Truck". The others rolled back on the edges, so I was able to sand down the outside diameter the proper size for the tires. These ones have a lip around the outside edge, which limited how much I could sand without ruining the look of the wheel, So the outside edge of the tires is slightly raised. I still have adequate traction though.
crazydave's Gallery
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

sweet mother of shit!! so fresh and so clean, clean! 8-) 8-)
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

midget_man1387 wrote:sweet mother of shit!!
See... I was having a hard time coming up with what I wanted to say... I don't wanna be always saying the same stuff... I like to come correct. Thanks for putting my feelings into words, Midget :-)
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

Bird wrote:
midget_man1387 wrote:sweet mother of shit!!
See... I was having a hard time coming up with what I wanted to say... I don't wanna be always saying the same stuff... I like to come correct. Thanks for putting my feelings into words, Midget :-)

lol that's what I'm here for!! :cool: 8-)