Monster Makeover - Take 2

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Monster Makeover - Take 2

Post by crazydave »

Gots me a second monster, just in case I kill my first trying to make it go fast. :lol:

Got the Monster Patrol, based entirely on the fact it has a Chevy body.

The Green had to go (sorry SG), so I was just painting it Blue. This supposed to be a light Saphire Blue Metallic, but apparently someone switched the can tops.

I'm getting off track, so anyways, I had the can of paint pointed at the truck with the Silver base coat on. It was late and I wanted to go to bed, but I thought, "Wait, I don't have anymore Silver. Do I want a Silver graphic? Quick, think, before it's too late!"

I decided I wanted to do something quick, like really quick, like no time to BS quick. So I did a lightening bolt, and... I like it, I'm really glad I did that, and that it matches the angle of the wing was entirely coincidence, since the wing was not on the truck, and the bolt was drawn on a separate sheet of paper.

I also detailed the chassis, which I like, because I think it makes the body look lower.

The wing comes right off, for your less flashy days.

Here it is with the Red Ford. Decided I like the Ford Body with Black wheels. Looks meaner and faster.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Apology accepted.

Nice paint job you got there. I like the chassis details, it makes it look much better. :cool:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sg219 wrote:Nice paint job you got there.
Nice? Just nice. Don't you think it's pretty neato how the wing happened to follow the angle of the bolt? It's like I took this big ugly ass wing, and made it part of the truck, by making it look like a big ol' lightening bolt sticking up, and getting ready to just go, KABLAM! Isn't that exciting?

You're mad about the Green thing, huh?

I still got the wheels... just in case I make a Grave Digger.
crazydave's Gallery
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

crazydave wrote:
sg219 wrote:Nice paint job you got there.
Nice? Just nice. Don't you think it's pretty neato how the wing happened to follow the angle of the bolt? It's like I took this big ugly ass wing, and made it part of the truck, by making it look like a big ol' lightening bolt sticking up, and getting ready to just go, KABLAM! Isn't that exciting?

You're mad about the Green thing, huh?

I still got the wheels... just in case I make a Grave Digger.
Ya, once you lost the GREEN, it all sorta went downhill for me. But yes, the lighting bolt is just electrifying.

I guess this is the driver? :???:

:cool:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

like it better without the wing for sure.

love the bolt, looks awesome, and the details on the chassis really make a difference.

I don't know why, but I'm always a sucker for lights, some leds for KCs would be cool on there.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Ok SG, the green guy in the blue costume can be the driver. :lol:

Now that I think about it some green trim would look really cool on a blue truck. :???:

...but not this shade of blue and that shade of green. :lol:

I kinda like the wing in a monster sort of way, but hate it in a, "It just don't fit" sort of way. That's why I like that I can take it on and off.

KCs might be cool, it's already got light, just wire a few more in there.

Remember the early days of monsters and the more KCs the better? Some guys would have like 3 rows up there on their roll ball, and it's started to get silly, in cool sort of way.
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

exactly man, I do remember.
that shit was hilarious - I kinda wish I had that now, a row on top, a row in front, maybe even those cop swivel lights on the sides and even a few pointing in back.
any mofo going 10 mph under the speed limit gets a tan, any foo' on my ass, gets blinded by the light (revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

CaboWabo wrote:revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night
uhh, thanks Manfred. :-D (I know, it's Bruce)

NICE COINCIDENCE! For real? That's awesome! perfect graphic for that truck and wing. I like it without the wing too, but if you're going to have a wing on a truck, it might as well be a lightning bolt.

Now, here's some racks of lights!

HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

That Ford is really bitchin now. I think the black worked perfect.

The MT is great too. The lightning bolt is genious. I didn't like the stock paint job either. It was OK, but the original Monster Patrol looked better. The ZZMT looks very plastic. I like it with the foil and without. It looks very smooth without it.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:NICE COINCIDENCE! For real?
Yeah for reals. :lol:

I actually asked my wife if I should run the bolt up the shroud behind the cab, or cut it off at the bed. She said at the bed, and I agreed. Now I wish I ran that right up the side into the wing.

But close enough, I think it's better to leave a little to the imagination.
crazydave's Gallery
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

That is straight up kick ass! I really think that the undercarriage detailing you did will become a standard mod after seeing how much it makes it pop. Way to trail blaze there CD. The overall paintjob also turns this from one of the ugliest Zips to a total classic look. Oh, and big props on the lightning bolt, you gotta love it when that shit just comes together.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The overall paintjob also turns this from one of the ugliest Zips to a total classic look.
Thanks Finks. I thought this was one of the uglier mosters too, then when I almost picked up a Bigfoot, I thought, "Wait a minute, there's Chevy under there somewhere, I should get that instead." :lol:

Did you guys notice I blacked out al the holes in the wheels? I think that really adds a lot of realism to the wheels. I should have got a better pic of them.

Think I should paint the grill and trim Silver? I was just thinking Silver is like my trim color, and I got some trim body color, and some black with a black grill.
crazydave's Gallery
richh
bitGangsta'

Post by richh »

crazydave wrote:
Think I should paint the grill and trim Silver? I was just thinking Silver is like my trim color, and I got some trim body color, and some black with a black grill.
yep, the grill and trim around the headlights needs a little something... might just be the pics, but all that detail gets kinda lost right now.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

richh wrote:
crazydave wrote:Think I should paint the grill and trim Silver? I was just thinking Silver is like my trim color, and I got some trim body color, and some black with a black grill.
yep, the grill and trim around the headlights needs a little something... might just be the pics, but all that detail gets kinda lost right now.
Nope not the pics, that's exactly what it looks like.

Thanks Rich, that's all the incentive I needed. :-)
crazydave's Gallery
Bit boy
bitGangsta'

Post by Bit boy »

i like it. you can even make a chevy look good :lol: i like the ford alot better with the black wheels too.
I'm samrt