For SG

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Finks
bitPimp

For SG

Post by Finks »

OK so some of you may remember the green Stang I made for SG for his Rippers green contest. It was an extreme quicky job that took only a few hours and was all hand painted.

Well I decided that this was going to either rot in my tool box or I could send it to SG as he would probably appreciate it more. Course I am a cheap bastard and sent it in a manilla envelope from work for free figuring what the hell, this should be just fine. NOT, this is how he got it.

So I felt kind of bad, so I just made him a new green ride. It is Auto Modellista inspired in it's paint and has rolled down windows and a sunroof just for kicks. Hand painted (cuz lord knows I wouldn't spend money on a rattle can of green paint) but it turned out supprisenly well.

So I will be mailing out this shell in the next couple of days. I was thinking on the way down to work today about going full on Auto Modellista and putting a circle logo on the hood w/ "SG" in it. Trust me, it isn't a flawless shell, but I am tempted to make another for my collection. Fun quick job.

:edit: Looking at the pics you can't really see it, but trust me, the windows on the sides are taken out to look like they are rolled down as well as the sun roof. 8-)
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Dude...that sweet!!!! :cool:

I like the Auto Modelista look. Its another great paint job, no matter how long it took.

Thanks. :-)
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

That is pretty damn kool lookin, nice paint Finks!
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

i love it nice job
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Glad you like SG. Need to know, do you want the "SG" logo on the hood or not. Either way is fine w/ me.
Suck My Bits
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Oh, so that's what you've been up to. I turn my back fo a second and you puttin out the mad shiat with rally stripes and all?That is most excellent work my freind....... :-)

SG you lucky mofo.........

:D
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

WOW! Nice job Finks! I didn't think a hand painted shell could ever look that good. How did you cut the window and sunroof out so good? I need to know for a project of mine, i need to cut out the headlights. I'm entering it in the Truckin contest.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Finks wrote:Glad you like SG. Need to know, do you want the "SG" logo on the hood or not. Either way is fine w/ me.
I'd love the SG on it, since your offering. :-)

If your at all nervous about messing it up, I understand. Leave it as is.

I love the ride. :cool:

Thanks again.....
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

arfin wrote:WOW! Nice job Finks! I didn't think a hand painted shell could ever look that good.
me either, great work man! :-)
i used to be cool
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

arfin wrote:WOW! Nice job Finks! I didn't think a hand painted shell could ever look that good. How did you cut the window and sunroof out so good? I need to know for a project of mine, i need to cut out the headlights. I'm entering it in the Truckin contest.
Thanks afrin. As for how I did the paint, the trick is the right sized brush and doing your strokes VERY fast and accurate. if you go back to fix somthing after 1 min it will just fuck it up. There is also 2 layers which was important. Thin coats as we all know is the secret to a great looking paint job.

The Windows were all very easily done w/ a dremmel and then touch up w/ an exacto knife.

@ SG, no worries man, I am literally going to make another one right now for myself, if I fuck up this one you can have the second :-) I'll be making the graphic w/ stencil so it should look perfect.
Suck My Bits
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

@ Finks....

Cool. I just know that once I'm done with a ride, I'm a little scared to go back and change something. Depending on how drastic of a change.

:cool:
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Nice work, Finks... I'm lookin' forward to seein' the 'SG' graphic on the hood. Make sure to post a pic of the pair before you ship one off, that'll be a cool shot.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Hell yeah Finks! Sweat ride! That's the best hand painted car I've seen. In fact it looks like a good as hell proffessional paint job. Nice job on everything; the windows, the stripes, all of it.

What do I need to do to get on of those?

I wont suck yo dick, if that's the first thing that just poppd in your head you fruity homo! :lol:

Ahh, I got jokes! But seriously. :lol:
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

Sorry to here about the first car, but NICE work on the Auto Mod. RX-7, I dig the white racing stripes on the green, HOTTNESS! :cool:
DRIFT HAPPENS
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

hue35 wrote:Nice work, Finks... I'm lookin' forward to seein' the 'SG' graphic on the hood. Make sure to post a pic of the pair before you ship one off, that'll be a cool shot.
Yeah I plan on it Hugh, sorry SG, you will have to wait, but luckaly not very long. FYI the other car will be a green skyline, cuz they are the Rulest! Problem is, "SG" will look hot in a circle format, but "F"... will have to play around w/ that one.

:edit: oh yeah, @ Hachi, bro, you have my word on this one, I would be more than happy to hook your ass up w/ one of my rides once you get your feet back on good ol' Merican soil. Just stay safe arite? :-)
Suck My Bits