Is this what RS ment?

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Finks
bitPimp

Is this what RS ment?

Post by Finks »

Well with the advent of the new Zip Zap SEs I thought it was about damn time a lower profile ride got to enjoy non stuttering super fast proportional stearing and throttle. Oh yeah, and look Damn good doing it.

The question was wich ride. Now I remmeber when the Acura set came out I wasn't in the minority when I thought, "wow killer car" untilll it was slapped on a chassis. Then it looked like ASS.

So this was the ride I had been dying to do a makeover on. Not only that, but I wanted to keep the lights, oh yes, ALL the lights including the stock underglow.

So the work I did was:
Import Tunerz Wheel Mod (of course)
Lowered PCB and shaved down chassis
"Lowered" lights and light PCB
Reformed and puttied front bumper and wheel wells
A shitload of sanding, especially on the inside of the shell

Here is an old pic of the lowered PCB Chassis

Sorry about the R7R but... ahh who really cares.

And here is the shaved interior

And now for the money shots

Oh yeah, and like I said, this car works fuckin perfect, including the lights.

Easily my favorite driver in my garage now. It has the stock engine in it, but even still it really is nice to weave this sucker in and out all over the place. Was a fun but long project, hope ya'll enjoy.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Nice work, Phinx... damn it's nice to see an SE that doesn't look like an SE. That wheel mod really made a HUGE difference... can you take a comparison pic that shows a stock ZZ wheel with a tire on it, next to these wheels? I'd like to get a better feel for how much bigger these are.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Holy hell yea, much better. Looks great Finks.
At first, while I was reading, I thought you were trying to say you did all that shit and were showing it by showing the yellow body - ACK!

Thank god as I kept scrolling and reading, the real deal Holyfield came up.
Looks tight dude.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Sweeeeeet ride there Finks love it! I can tell you have put a lot of work into it! I couldn’t really see in the picture did you add a piece of plastic to the wheel wells then fill in with putty or just add putty and sand it down?

As always the wheels look great you and I must be buying out the import tuner wheels I have a grave yard now of import tuner bodies that remain wheel less!!! :shock:

SWG
BoneyskinX5
bitHood

Post by BoneyskinX5 »

Lookin' good. Great work as usual.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

nice type r finks 8-)
yeah acuras look nice lowered. i kitted my rsx and lowered my type r.
[]D [] []V[] []D
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

@ Hugh Actually forgot to mention this, but this ride is tab lowered, Big Time. So yeah, I could throw it on an SE chassis, but it would look high like normal. The wheels do make a differance, but honestly I think it's minute as far as size goes.

@SWG As for how I filled the wheel wells, no plastic support was used. This may bite me in the ass eventually but time will tell. So yeah, it is 100% putty. Took a couple of tries to get it right, but it was worth it. Here is a direct comparison.

Note how the seperate bumper doesn't mesh up at all, and there is a gap on both the front and back wells that reminds me of the OG Corvette. That had to be fixed.

:edit: Oh yeah, and it is notable to say this is the chassis that I did my Import Tunerz wheel mod Tut on.
Suck My Bits
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

Nice Work man, looks great, the wheels really helped, filled up the wheel wells, and I like the paint, now the car looks a lot more realistic and cleaner.
Hott-er-ness!
DRIFT HAPPENS
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

JDM-R34 wrote:Nice Work man, looks great, the wheels really helped, filled up the wheel wells, and I like the paint, now the car looks a lot more realistic and cleaner.
Hott-er-ness!
Actually Import Tunerz Wheels are the same size. That was all done by applying putty to the wheel wells to bring it all more to scale.

Check it
Suck My Bits
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Actually Import Tunerz Wheels are the same size. That was all done by applying putty to the wheel wells to bring it all more to scale

I was gonna say to Hue that they are the same size. I've used them on top of ZZ hubs with lil modification.

Good Work Finks, your wheel mods are "Off Da Hook" :cool:
How are they grip wise? I did a project just recently using the whole wheel/tyre instead of just the wheel on ZZ hubs and I get very lil grip. Good for show but not for go. :-?
BoneyskinX5
bitHood

Post by BoneyskinX5 »

Finks, are you going to paint the other Integra Type R (RSX)?
That'd be hot.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

@ DT I use Zip Zap tires on the hubs so the grip is just perfect.

:edit: I thought you have DT, my 1st mod used that method actually.
Shaved down the back w/ a dremmel then drilled out the center. Hmmmm, I should do this again soon.

@ Boney I personally am a guy that got into the import scene in the early 90s when the Integra, Civic and Eclipse were all Gods of tuners. They have soft spots in my heart for sure. Hence why I would spend the ungodly time this project took on this car. Don't get me wrong, I like the RSX, but LOVE the Integra. So my attention will be put on other project for now (total of 5 wich is nuts for me) If I was to visit the RSX it would be in a year or so at the earliest. Now what's to say though that you could do what I did to that car yourself. By what I posted all the thinking has been done for you, all you have to do is the doing 8-)
Suck My Bits
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

Oh well, the putty really filled up the wheels wells, haha, anyway, Good Job, whats coming out of your garage next?
DRIFT HAPPENS
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Noice......Make sure you bring that one over so's I can sees it bitch! Outstanding work Prof. Finklesworth......

BTW: Autocrossing on the 23rd in NH. You should come with. Let's see how good that 3 handles compared to my SVT.... :-)
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

JDM-R34 wrote:Oh well, the putty really filled up the wheels wells, haha, anyway, Good Job, whats coming out of your garage next?
Here is a nice bad pic for ya.

Finally getting around to my Jmays shells.
Suck My Bits