East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
hue35
bitPimp

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'

Post by hue35 »

Here's a new driver I just finished...

- Aluminum-Tubing stretched Thunder Charger chassis
- custom Import Tuner hubcaps
- mosfets
- mystery 3.8 motor
- teal gears
- spring suspension

This body is a bitch to lower, with the full-size wheels on it... the way the back end
tapers under makes it hard to go any further without major modification. Even though
I wanted it to be lower, I actually dig this ride height... this car drives just like it should.
The extra ground clearance makes it able to run over a fair amount of shit, just like
the Bandit, yo. I think these wheels really make this car look a shitload better than it
does with the stock, gold painted Cragar hubcaps. They don't look just like the stock
T/A wheels, but they seem to look right on there. This one's a blast to drive.

Anyway, here's a couple-o-pics...

Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Holy crap, I was just thinking about doing almost just that Hugh. I was figuring on making a scratch or near scratch chassis just like you did as well w/ that shell. Bottom line, great work, and glad to see you back hacking up shit.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Got your ears on, 'mon back.
That kicks ass man. You're right about them wheels, looks perfect.
Just had to make one more of the alloy stretched chassis for yourself eh?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Bit boy
bitGangsta'

Post by Bit boy »

Very cool as usual. so when are we gona see Snowman's rig?
I'm samrt
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

you should be happy with the height, the tops of the tyres are just hidden.
the rims really make it :-)
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Nice work cleaning up that TA. Mine's in the body box. I sometimes pull it out thinking about making use of it, but it doesn't fit on any of my chassis that are already tab lowered.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Jeep
bitThug

Post by Jeep »

Looks awesome, perfect rideheight and the wheels are great. Sweet work.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Thanks guys, I've been looking for the right wheels for this car for quite awhile now... also wanted to get a feel for this body, so I can figure out the right combination of things to make the perfect hesher T/A... I remember one from back in the day that this dude customized, here in Portland... super-deep candy purple (looked like 50 coats under 50 more coats of clear) with a blue pinstripe flame job... I might try to pull something like that outta my ass, eventually... although, pinstripe flames at 1:64 scale sounds near impossible.
Finks wrote:...glad to see you back hacking up shit.
Thanks, it feels good to have some projects going... more stuff on the way.
CaboWabo wrote:Just had to make one more of the alloy stretched chassis for yourself eh?
Actually, I made 3 more. 8-)
Bit boy wrote:Very cool as usual. so when are we gona see Snowman's rig?
I was actually thinkin' about scratch buildin' Bufford T. Justice's car... that'd be a big project, but worth it.
crazydave wrote:Nice work cleaning up that TA. Mine's in the body box. I sometimes pull it out thinking about making use of it, but it doesn't fit on any of my chassis that are already tab lowered.
Yeah, this body has a real different fit than the others... there's not a lot of room to go down in the front or the back (that's what she said).
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Man does that bring back memories when I was uh hum younger I loved that movie! And well that car just brought it all back! Humm maybe we can put our heads together and I will make the Simi truck to go with it and send it to ya when I’m done, gotta have the semi! :eek:

Burt Renolds and Jerry Reed would be proud!

Next line in the song: “Doing what they said cant be done” :smoking:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Bit boy
bitGangsta'

Post by Bit boy »

acctually its "we're gonna do what they say cant be done."
sorry just felt like being a smart ass :D
I'm samrt
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

acctually its "we're gonna do what they say cant be done."
Well I was close and since I have not seen the movie in years I was real close! :grin:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

steelwoolghandi wrote:Humm maybe we can put our heads together and I will make the Simi truck to go with it and send it to ya when I’m done, gotta have the semi! :eek:
That sounds right up your alley, you'd tear it up. It would be sweet to have the complete set in Bit form. I just watched that flick last night again... that's twice in a month, but it was at the theater before that (I was 8, or so). Man, there's some great shots of that car hauling ass.

banjo: yyyyyyyikka dikka dikka dikka dikka dik dang!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I think some of my favorite cars were directly realated to Burt Renolds movies.

First there was the Bandit's TA . Man when I was a little kid, that's all I wanted, a black TA, with the gold Firebird, gold honeycomb wheels and a 454. Then later it was a black Lamborghini, thanks 100% due to The Cannonball Run. Man, now that I think about it, Burt Renolds was just a extra compared to that car with those 4 beauties driving it. That movie was all about the Black Lamborghini.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Yup, both those movies rocked when I was a kid.
Not that Burt was in it, but that movie Death Race 2000 with Sylvester Stallone and David Carradine was another movie with killer cars (both as in "cool" and they actually "killed" people).
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

Very clean and pimp, hottness! I like...
DRIFT HAPPENS