Superfly Influenced Makeover

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Superfly Influenced Makeover

Post by crazydave »

Ok, so this car started out like this:

It was my "other" car with pull back wheels. I like to set my cars up in evenly matched paired, so this was just the obligated "other" car. Over time I decided pullbacks weren't good for small tracks, and I found other uses for them, so the car became something else, and the body retired to the box.

Recently, when I got some MS speed sets from Tower Hobbies for cheap, I was digging out my old bodies and putting them on new chassis. So I started apying attention to this one a again.

I dig the way Superfly lowers his Supras. I picked his Supra in the mod's contest, because I like the way it looks. So I decided to give my car the same treatment, and getting back to that evenly matched pair thing, I had to set it up fairly even. So it has a Perfection 3.8, FETs, and a Perfection finned heatsink. I know Superfly plays with faster gears and motors than what's in this car, but I couldn't help but to be competitive, and set my car up a little faster, with teal gears, and I stacked one of the forward FETs.(shhhh)
BTW, I also threw a 45mhz Precious board in there, because I know Superfly likes to run 49mhz, and Hue 27mhz. ;)

Superfly's car is part of my growing group of race themed cars. Each in own frequency. I have a 57mhz car I gonna do up as soon as I get more sponser decals.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Right on! I knew it was going to a good home....

Your Supra looks badass. Great wheel choice, kinda custom yet all the good performance of a factory teal gear wheelset. Lowering the Supra completely changes the appearance and handling in a good way.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Crazy Dave if you need more decals I might be able to hook ya up I am getting some in and I am supposed to be able to copy them on this decal paper with a regular Ink Jet (we will see) if I can do It I can hook ya up!

SWG
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Seeing those two sexy rides side by side gives me a hard on. Nuff said.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys. :-)

Thanks for the offer on the decal hookup SWG. We'll have to see how those come out. Meanwhile I've had good luck with the decal from radical-decals.com. I've just been too lazy to place an order. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Yep, looks good... that Supra's got the SuperFly stance alright.