Custom Model A Hotrod

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Custom Model A Hotrod

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Got this idea from Finks with His VW truck I decided to build me a new Hot Rod Truck and I have always liked the Model A Hot Rod Truck.
Here is the start I will post more as I get it done.

The Chasse is from a F1 Bit I liked the small wheels in front and the Biggins in the back!

the start:

I am working on it some more I have a motor with a big blower I was thinking of dropping in but don't know if that would look good would like ot have ya'lls opinion?

oh and Cabo I tried to upload these to my Gallary but after 30 min of trying and the files not going into the gallary (they said uploaded but did not go into the gallery??) I did try!

SWG
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

You should shorten the height on that cab (make it squat if ya get what I mean) and the bed is a lil high too. Great start man. :-)
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Well 1st off I am glad that I could help inspire you.

2nd HOLY FUCK! I love scratch buit shells! Ladies and gentlemen since Jmays has been MIA for ever it looks like we have our new scratch built king! I am excited as I am sure most of the other pimps will be to see how this turns out. Great choice on a chassis too.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

That's the shit dude! I love that old flat bed look.
Tight.

You should be all set to upload to your albums SWG, sorry bout that - was out of town and didn't know you were having troubles.
They're all fixed now though, let me know if you have any other troubles.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

You should shorten the height on that cab (make it squat if ya get what I mean)
I was planing on doing that but have something in mind to do that I need that extra hight. also most of the Model A trucks I looked at even Hot rods have the high rise look to them. The only thing I could not do was make a narrow front on it due to the width of the chasse. :???:
You should be all set to upload to your albums SWG, sorry bout that - was out of town and didn't know you were having troubles.
its cool CW I just didnt want you to think I was not trying to use the pimps Gallery option. :?
My other hangout! R7R
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Ok added filler and the roof and here is the first coat of primer still rough but it lets me know where I have to sand more and where I have to add more filler.

well time to go to bed so will work on it more tommorow.
My other hangout! R7R
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Wow that was fast! So what are you going to use for headlights? I love watching a build.

Just a suggestion, but either paint or sand off the "mini racer" logo on the tires. Doesn't fit IMO but I am sure that was in your plan anyhow.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

So what are you going to use for headlights?
I have some headlights off an old army truck 1/64 arounds and I think they will work real well I am still working on a grill as I want it perfect (well as close as I can get anyway).

I would still like to know if I should add the motor with blower I have painted it gloss black and am about to add the alclad to chrome it out! once done I will post some pics and yall can let me know if I should add it or leave it off? :???:

thanks for checking it out I will post more pics as I go along! :-)

SWG
My other hangout! R7R
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

This ride is awsome!! I love old trucks. Plus the fact that your making it from scratch is even better!!!

Lovin' it. 8-)
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

sg219 wrote:This ride is awsome!! I love old trucks. Plus the fact that your making it from scratch is even better!!!

Lovin' it. 8-)
That goes ditto for me steelwoolghandi!!! good shizit!!!
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

nice job SWG, another car of the week? I think so. :-)
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

That's looking great so far, please keep us informed :cool:
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

nah man that thing looks too old school to add any aftermarket parts to. it would like great stock.
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

That's looking pretty sweet. I can't wait to see it finished. One suggestion I might make is to get some chromed exhaust headers and sidepipes coming out of the side of the engine box, rather than a blower on top.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

get some chromed exhaust headers and sidepipes coming out of the side
Ha Ha great minds think alike I already have them they will go on after the paint job I think the Blown motor would be a bit to much too but the pipes will be a must! :eek:
My other hangout! R7R