Last Ride! Update

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I could be wrong, but I don't think he plans on keeping the front quite so low, if you notice, it's just sitting on the surface and he doesn't have a tab hole there to keep it mounted slightly higher.
With the stuff SWG has been turning out, I'd be willing to bet he doesn't plan on keeping the front quite that low.
However, I do feel it should be jacked up a bit in rear.
I'm still leaning towards an Adam's Family / Munsters feel - though I don't think SWG is. :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Yah not that low like ya said CW it has no front tab yet so its just sitting there also just sittin there on the back. I am kicking around putting some other wheels on it but havent decided. this one will take longer then the Model a as there is a lot more putty work to do.

I do plan to make it more like a munster mobile type but want to keep it looking like a Hearse too not too outlandish but a real hot rod! If I do change the wheels the front wheels will be smaller then the back to keep that look. another thing that is keeping me up at night figuring is the back door how to open and close it but keep it closed when driving?? you dont want the dead guy flying out the back or do I.............

will post more pics soon..
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

some updated pictures for your viewing pleasure...

this is a harder project then I thought but I feel it will come out ok.

SWG

as always please let me know if you see something I could improve on or add! :-)
My other hangout! R7R
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Nice work man... I'd say keep on keepin' on, I like watchin' your stuff come together. You work fast!
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

what kind of putty are you using? Its looking great!
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Sporttracguy wrote:what kind of putty are you using?
I used Tamiya putty its been working well for me and it takes the paint I used it on my Model A truck and most of my other modded bodies.
My other hangout! R7R
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i think it's coming along well. i'd still lower the cabin but i understand the space issue.
it looks like a hearse that would jump you at the lights instead of just amble along miserably! :lol:
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

That's no Rolls Canardly! Lookin good so far mang.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

This has been a long time coming I did not realize that this project has been sitting in my “to get to pile” for almost a year now….

I picked this up the other day and well hated how it looked so I changed the chassis, wheels, got rid of the pipes and used more putty on this body then I have on any other body in the past (finished or unfinished).

The rear fins are all putty I was not going to put them on originally but I liked the look after I decided to change it up.

I have wore out my fingers sanding on this and I still have a ton more to do. I plan to finish this soon and not wait another year to finish it up. The Grill is still there its covered with tape as I primed the body to see where touch up was needed in the putty department.

As always any suggestions to make it look better are vary welcome :-)

Got to split time working on this project and workin on LBRC's bodies if I dont get his painted soon he will send the UK mafia after me..... :shock:
My other hangout! R7R
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

1 Suggestion : Time/finger saver........ Emery Board !

For starting a time consuming puddy job, an emery board saves a lot
of time in the shaping phase til you get it to the finishing point 8-)
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

:-o :-o

First off, I've always thought a landau-style funeral coach on torque-thrusts looks badass! I really like the idea of fins, but I'm not really feeling those yet. It feels like you're trying to force several era's of car onto one: Boxy 70's, 60's horizontal roundy lights, modern commercial glass roof height, late-50's/early 60's fins; not saying it won't work, just that it's new to me. I kinda feel your fin overhang might be a bit much, it almost looks like an A/Altered class dragster (shortened wheelbase to improve launch) I do realize it's a bit late in the game to change those though, and that concessions have to be made to fit the scale and chassis. You might even wanna ditch the license plate mounted above rear bumper if you do make the rear door open, it'll probably interfere.

But, honestly it looks truely wicked man, and even if the last paragraph came across a bit asshole-ish, I'm really sorry. It's absolutely killer and I'd be proud if she were one of mine

I feel this might be a good resource to you, I know it is for me.
http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/prof59.htm

Damn I need to get back to work on mine, and yours is still probably gonna look better anyway! :lol:
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

'59s are my favs. they look the most "gothic".
http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/prof59.htm
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Well I am not doing a Real Hearse its always just been a hot rod thing so there is a bit of a few years in there I am thinking of putting in another grill to make it look more like the 50's.

the Top and sides look more like the 60's becuse to be honest I could not get the Rounded look to it like the 50's have it was hard enough to get the look I wanted and the curves with the Styrene as it was....

maybe when its done it will look like a big monster and will just have to set it on fire and Video it!!! :???:
My other hangout! R7R
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

steelwoolghandi wrote: maybe when its done it will look like a big monster and will just have to set it on fire and Video it!!! :???:
You know, that reminds me, the hearse was the first car to fail on Monster Garage. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"