Last Ride! Update

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Last Ride! Update

Post by steelwoolghandi »

No not the last one I am going to make but this is one I call “Last Ride” its going to be a scratch built Hot Rod Hearse. I started with an idea and moved to putting it into effect.

I drew it out using the chasse as a model then cut it out and put it on the plastic I am going to use. Next cut that out (both sides) and then I taped it to the chasse to see what I have so far.

This one is going to be a lot harder then the Hot Rod Model A but I think the ride will look real cool when done. Especially since it will hold a miniature casket and have a back door that opens to push it in an out off!! I will post more pics as I go along…

SWG
Last edited by steelwoolghandi on Sun May 07, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

straight up, it's too tall. definately halve the size of the "cabin" height.
that's just me, i say that because i get the idea you're trying for a rock 'n roll hearse look. like this, but obviously a hearse:
(how how how how!!!) :cool:
i used to be cool
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Well I am trying to get a little hight out of it so I can fit the casket also note how high this one is thats what I am trying to achive to keep the Hearse look to it I still have time to cut the roof line down if it looks to high I will keep messing with it.

keep the advice comming I need all the help I can get.. :???:

My other hangout! R7R
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

You damn moddin Monster, lol. You don't like to waste time do you? Well i think this project is gunna look kickass just like the other 2? scratchbuilds.
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

Dude that is banging, keep the custom bodys coming!
DRIFT HAPPENS
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Morbid :suspect:
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

You should make it look like the Hearse they built on monster garage. That would be kickass!!! Can't wait to see what magic you perform on this one.
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

what do you use to make this? Is it like card stock? And what thickness is it?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

:???: Munsters or Adams Family man, that'd be dope.
Oh hell, actually any would be cool in my book. lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Ok well did not have a lot of time this weekend to do much but I did get a little done. The roof, back and the sides are on. And I test fitted it to the chasse several times but still have to make adjustments.

This is made out of Plastic stock about 1/32" or less I also have some real thin stock I will use too mostly evergreen styrene you can get at any hobby store.

I was going to try the hearse in monster garage but it was a 50's model and much more rounded (kinda bubble like) and that is vary hard with sheet styrene so I am going for more the late 60's more strait lines.

Morbid oh man I hope not I am not into Goth or anything but I like the unusual and this is defiantly that! I hope to make it more a Hotrod then an actual Hearse but I like the Hearse Idea because well its not been done yet!

Here are the continuation pics..

the pipes are going to be removed as I dont like that type but will work on that much later.
SWG
My other hangout! R7R
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

oh yeah its gonna look crazy SWG... I am having flashbacks of the movie Phantasm ... with the creepy tall guy....
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Looking great SWG, my only suggestion is that with the added thickness the roof gave you I would make the side windows taller if you catch my drift. So a working back hatch eh? You have my attention.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

sat4life27 wrote:I am having flashbacks of the movie Phantasm ... with the creepy tall guy....
I loved those movies... the second one, with the Hemi 'Cuda... fuck yeah. Great movie.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

I would make the side windows taller if you catch my drift
Cool I think I will I did not think that the hight would be much more but to make it look right I will have to raise the windows. Thanks! :-)
My other hangout! R7R
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

IMO the back vs front height is to extreme, reminds me of a muscle machine.. But its great non the less, i think it would be even killer though.