AE86

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

AE86

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Well, I finally finished an 86 without fucking it all to hell.

I used duplicolor mirage spray paint that I've been eyeing at Wallmart for about a year. I didn't use the clear coat that it came with though. The test frame that I used the clear coat on fogged in some places and wasn't very shiny all-together. I used Mr. Hobby UV protection gloss clear coat. The mirage paint changes colors depending on what angle you look at it from. Lighting also changes the color.

This is just the begining stages of the car. I don't have the chassis finished. I'm puting 8.5mm alloy wheels on it. Until then, I can't mount it on the chassis because I've lowered it so much, the back wheels won't allow it to fit. The lowering job is perfect though. You'll see. It clears the ground by millimeters and brings out the whole effect of the body kit. It was all tab lowered, but the front tab is slightly shaved down to accomidate the now filled in front slot. It's just the way it worked out. So, basically I can't fit another chassis on it without possibly risking pushing the putty covering the slot out. Make sense?

Anyways, looking for more ideas to spruce up the body. I'm thinking about getting a printing program to make decals. Maybe a drifting decal, my username and bit pimps decal. Probably a TRD and Apex decal too. Not sure what else. Any ideas are welcome.

Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
Camshaft
bitThug

Post by Camshaft »

Lookin' good! Slap a mesh grille on the front of that bad boy. :cool:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Maybe some light colored decals? Pen striping or swoosh down the sides maybe?

P.S. You should be good to go in the Galleries now.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Damn looking mighty good. Im not too much for the wing though but thats just my opinion.

We got to see it mounted on a chassis sometime soon.

Love the car nice work! :-o
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I'm diggin' the frame :-o
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Nice job! Your bodywork is always super smooth. While the kitting is a little extreme for my taste, you did it up really nice. I like how you integrated that Celica wing. Can't wait to see iton the chassis.

Btw, having a chassis modified just to fit a single shell isn't uncommon at all, especially when lowering is involved. More than half the cars I've done have chassis/body combinations that only work with eachother.

Though I have to say hue came up with a really good idea a couple weeks ago that I never considered. I have tons of cars that are shelf queens; they have so much time wrapped up in them that I would never drive them. I also have a box full of dead chassis, mostly that have the PCB ripped out or a bad PCB. So the big idea was to mount the beauty cars on the dead chassis. What difference does it make if you're not going to drive it anyway? I've foolishly gone to the trouble of spring suspension, mosfets and my favorite tires on cars I've never even charged up. Duh.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Could use like some TRD, Apex, Fugiwara Tofu Shop decals. ;)

The Celica wing looks a bit huge, I probably would have gone with a Lancer Evo wing, but you did a great job working it into the body. Kit looks like it should be wicked, though are you sure it's not gonna drag the skirts when you turn?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Niklas

Post by Niklas »

Nice AE86! Looking good.. :-o
Last edited by Niklas on Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

You should put a big ass spatuala on the front and some pipes in the back reachin for the sky. :-)

http://tanetane92.web.infoseek.co.jp/20050116tas2.html

:lol:

Good job on that 86 hachi, it's lookin good. :-o
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
MotorGong
bitNinja

Re: AE86

Post by MotorGong »

HACHI-RYOKU wrote:I used duplicolor mirage spray paint that I've been eyeing at Wallmart for about a year.
I bought that same stuff just months ago out of curiosity.
That's what I get for procrastinating. :grin:
I love the color! Or colorS, I should say!

EDIT: Sess, wtf is up with those cars? Those pics are hilarious to me! :lol:
Are those rides 'supposed' to be cool to some people?
I can see installing some swords or knives onto the front spatula for a Death Race 2000 sorta feel. :grin:
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Didn't take long for you to get back into Da Swing-O-Things :-o

Great job Pimp! I know SF mentioned the body kit being a bit extreme,
but I know, as he said that the finished product will kick azz. It'll look more to scale
once the wheels are added.

I haven't floss'd shit in a while now. I've got shit that's been started, tinkered
with, then moved to someting else without completing the previous, and
so on, and so on......... :-?
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

sessiz wrote:You should put a big ass spatuala on the front and some pipes in the back reachin for the sky. :-)

http://tanetane92.web.infoseek.co.jp/20050116tas2.html

:lol:

Good job on that 86 hachi, it's lookin good. :-o

Holy Jesus! I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Those cars are rediculous. Thanx for the laugh man. I noticed that was a Japanese car show. They did the same type of stuff to vans when I was there. Except the vans actually looked good with some of the outlandish body work. Plus, they put all kinds of crazy lighting and what not.
The Celica wing looks a bit huge, I probably would have gone with a Lancer Evo wing, but you did a great job working it into the body. Kit looks like it should be wicked, though are you sure it's not gonna drag the skirts when you turn?
Frizzen

Yeah, I was contimplating 3 other wings, all smaller. Some may have looked better and I hate using bit wings instead of something "not seen every single day", but I saw how this wing would fit and liked the originality of it. It gives a whole new dynamic to an otherwise boxy rear.

It shouldn't drag. If it does, I'll just raise it up a mm.

Thanx for all the input. I'll keep you all posted on this one.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

HACHI-RYOKU wrote:...but I saw how this wing would fit and liked the originality of it. It gives a whole new dynamic to an otherwise boxy rear.
I agree, it (the wing) looks totally original and it really works with the work you did on the front end. This thing's lookin' great... can't wait to see it done. You always have fresh ideas and use 'em on the less common bodies... I dig your style. :cool:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

holy tofu batman! :eek: dat's da ichiban hachi ryoku! :cool:
i used to be cool
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Wow, that is some nice smoove bodywork you got there. I like the idea of the celica wing even though it may be a little big. Great work as always Hachi! Now get that bitch on a chassis...... :-)